I don't think I have seen this posted yet:
http://www.nbcnews.com/health/baby-w...ies-2D11898693

I was diagnosed with an allergy to this chemical 1.5 years ago, after countless trips to the dermatologist, UV therapy, who knows how many different RX creams and months and months of raw skin on my hands that was painful and gross. I switched doctors, and the new doctor brought up the idea of doing chemical skin patch testing. We talked through every product I came into contact with, and the only thing we could identify that hadn't been changed during the whole ordeal was the Huggies Natural Care Fragrance Free Hypoallergenic baby wipes that I had been using since my son was a newborn. I wore 74 patches on my back for 2 days including one that she squeezed some liquid out of a baby wipe onto. The only 2 that reacted were the baby wipes and methylisothiazolinone - which were an ingredient in those wipes. I got rid of the wipes and my hands got better in 2 weeks.

About a month ago, I couldn't find my normal conditioner at Target and I had a coupon for Dove, so I decided to try it. I didn't even look at the ingredients because I thought that if it was Dove it would be OK - I have used Dove soap since I was a baby. A week later, my hands were cracked and painful and I looked at the ingredients on the conditioner and sure enough, it was there.

I happened to have a Derm appt today and we had both seen the baby wipes thing in the news. She said that since she diagnosed it in me, she had found that chemical as a major problem again and again. We both thought the big omission in the news right now is that you can find that chemical in all sorts of products you would never expect (hello Babyganics foaming wash) and it is not just babies that are affected by it.

I am not posting this because I think baby wipes are evil - I am still using them - just not Huggies. Pampers Sensitive and Target Sensitive do not have that chemical. I just think more people need to be aware of this as a potential trigger, and getting rid of it could be an easy solution if you have unexplained skin problems.