Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default 12 Worst Baby Gifts Ever

Yep, we're writing a blog post on the 12 Worst Baby Gifts Ever and would love to hear your best stories.

What was the worst baby gift you've ever received? Or gave? Or heard of? It can be bad funny, sad, outrageous . . . you name it.

Bonus points for any pictures or links to the products online! We'll feature these pics in a slideshow on our blog.

Have fun!
    Alan & Denise Fields
    authors, BABY BARGAINS

One of my friends got a Winnie the Pooh diaper bag that wreaked so badly of cigarettes that we had to move it out of the room during her shower and I don't even think she ended up taking it home.

DD was placed in my home (for an expected adoption), and someone bought us some very sweet decorative pillows. The problem? It's embroidered "Your Mine" instead of "You're Mine". Similarly, a good friend received personalized lovies for her twins, and the babies' names were both spelled wrong! (Hint: Personalization is really sweet, but triple-check the spelling!)
    --Mimi
    Mom to Lala (2004), Bonus Mom to Big Sis 1 (1991) and Big Sis 2 (1992)
    Grammy to Big Kindy Kid (2011), Big Pre-K Kid (2012),
    Grandbaby Appendage (2014), and New Baby Grandboy (summer 2017)

Good point! Personalized gifts are playing with fire!
    denise

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

A pumpkin halloween costume, which was cute, BUUUUT it was so obvious that the couple who gave it to me (a husband/wife doctor pair who were friends of my parents) bought it on deep clearance. My baby was due in February, I believe my baby shower was sometime in December. What I found so incredibly odd was that they knew I was due in February, so IF they would have bought a costume sized 9 mo, it would have been kind of ok, he could have worn it for his first halloween, even though it was still an extremely odd gift (what parent doesn't want to pick their child's first halloween costume?). Well, they gave me a 3 mo old sized pumpkin costume! Why would my baby wear a pumpkin costume around easter time? Yeah, it just didn't make any sense, and I just basically summed it up to cheapness (that couple was kind of known for being cheapskates). It was strange enough of a gift, that I still remember it. I know that it's the thought that counts, but that is a really, "out" there kind of baby shower gift to give to someone and shows a big lack of thoughtfulness.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

AshleyAnn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I live in SC and had a winter baby. For her first Christmas I was give a snowsuit in 9 month size. It was July and 100+ degrees when she was 9 months old. Its also pure white and fuzzy. Needless to say it went to goodwill with the tags still on it

rin is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I was given a whole bag of very old (like, 100 year old) children's clothing that was all ripped, stained, or disintegrating with age. It came from an older family member, and I'm 99% sure that when the clothes were originally put in the bag they were probably being collected for quilt material or rags (they were that beat up). The worst was that the family member apparently felt that I'd been given a very special family heirloom, and would fondly tell others in the family (like all my cousins) about how I'd gotten an amazing stash of vintage children's clothing.

wifecat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I got some knit baby booties from an etsy seller. I'm not really a knit booties type of Mom, so that was weird in itself, but they absolutely reeked of cigarette smoke. Eeeeeeeew.
    Mama to miracles, dd (3/09), ds (12/10), dd (8/14)

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Error on the side of too big. When my DD was about 3 months old, I was gifted about a dozen adorable, high quality preemie outfits. Not much that I can do with those!

Clothing that doesn't correspond to the season according to the size that is given

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast