basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Joovy Caboose Ultralight?

DS will be 33 months when DD is born in May. Currently, DS doesn't ride a stroller very much. Because there's been snow on the ground for the past 2 months, and if we go to a store he'll ride the shopping cart, and if DH is with me he will just carry him. But with me being on leave during the summer by myself with the two of them, I feel like I'm going to need something. DS is not very safety conscious or obedient in a store or out on a walk and is a runner. And we'll want to get outside sometimes.

I don't want to spend a lot on a double stroller cause I feel like DS is going to outgrow it by the time we would be able to get real use out of a double jogger or something. (We have a single Indie and a G-lite already).

Has anyone had the Joovy Caboose Ultralight? I like the fact that DS could sit or stand. I like how it has the carseat adapter included. I like the price (around $200ish). I like how it seems from some reviews that I could put the carseat in the front part and DS in the harnessed seat if I needed, even though that's not recommended by Joovy.

DH feels like DS would like sitting next to the baby more than he would like sitting tandem (don't know what he's basing this on) but seems like DS could look at the baby while he was standing and the baby was in the carseat if he turned out to like that. We could also get a Valco Snap dual or something if we were going to get a side-by-side, but it's pricey and I'm just not sure how much use we'd get out of it.

Has anyone had this stroller? Opinions? Any other options I should consider?

Philly Mom is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My DD1 is 30 months and a very infrequent stroller rider when she was an only child. We never brought anywhere and we both work full time. I got the snap for our double because we travel and I didn't want DD1 fighting about having a seat. At first, we never used it because of the worst winter ever. However, we have been in Florida for the past two weeks and it is being used constantly. I bought the car seat adapter too. Even my 3 year old niece who has not been in a stroller in 6 months has been hitching rides. The push is great. It is easy to get in the car and no toddler could figure out the straps. I imagine that if the weather was nice during my leave I would have used everyday. I look forward to using it at the zoo soon. I am going to post a review once my trip is done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks Philly Mom - so you think I should splurge on the Valco Snap? I just really wish it included the carseat adapter and it was like $100 cheaper.

Craigslist here is useless, too...

ebp913 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Brooklyn Baby World has the Snap Duo for $250 online! I've been eyeing it.
    Wild life with 3 under 3... Growing up too fast

I think it's a tough call. Ds1 is just 3, ds2 is 15 months. I am a SAHM, and use my double stroller every day for walks. Aside from walks, I have only used my double at the Zoo and for travel. I think if you don't plan to do outdoor walking, the Joovy caboose ultralight might be enough. Although I might just be saying that cause I really want one, but totally can't justify it I have seen plenty of ultralights at the zoo, and it would probably work for travel also. But if you want to be able to take walks when the weather is nice, I would definitely get a full fledged double.

Philly Mom is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    Thanks Philly Mom - so you think I should splurge on the Valco Snap? I just really wish it included the carseat adapter and it was like $100 cheaper.

Craigslist here is useless, too...
    I got it as a present but the blue was only 250 on amazon so that is what I got. I really love it. DD1 is riding so much more now.

I'm also pondering this one. My DS will be 4 when the new baby arrives. However, he's a frequent stroller rider (he has ASD and wanders), and not very cooperative about walking next to me. Part of me thinks I could just wear the baby in my Ergo, and continue to push him. I hate to buy a double when they're so far apart in age.

Beaming mom to DS born 10/20/2010.
    The Force is strong with this one.

DS1 was 26 months old when DS2 was born. I bought an Ultralight on CL but ended up only using it two or three times. I just hated how bulky it was and thought it was hard to maneuver and turn corners. I had Peg Perego Pilko P3 with a standing bar in the back and we just continued to use that with DS2 standing.