Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacool View Post
    Slightly off-topic, but since is the second thread in a few months about this - I do think it's interesting that Elsa seems way more popular than Anna. Anna has more spunk! But I guess Elsa sings "Let It Go," so....

Back on topic - I've seen them at Target recently, but definitely more Anna dolls.
    ITA! After seeing the movie with DS, I thought Anna was the main character, and the one all the littles would be gaga over. Personally I found her much more interesting and likeable than Elsa. But, she doesn't have the "magic hands" (as DS calls them). He's been freezing people for weeks now

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacool View Post
    Slightly off-topic, but since is the second thread in a few months about this - I do think it's interesting that Elsa seems way more popular than Anna. Anna has more spunk! But I guess Elsa sings "Let It Go," so....
    Yeah, it is interesting that Elsa is the sought after one. If you check out ebay, Elsa stuff is going for crazy prices. I wonder if the song and magical powers is the only reason for popularity. The character itself isn't all that appealing. I much prefer Anna's character.

vonfirmath is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I prefer Anna too! Convinced my cousin to get her daughter Anna and not Elsa as the doll to take to the movie because she just seems to much more approachable than Elsa! I don't think her daughter minds... but I'm still taken aback at how popular Elsa is given how the two characters are portrayed in the movie.

Elsa is not pretty. She's not nice. Sure, she has magic. But look at what that magic does! We have a moment at the beginning of the movie where we see a spark of her being the best big sister -- then she freezes everyone out (literally)

Anna is the one who refuses to give up on her sister, who is active and lively. And sure she makes mistakes. But you can't fail without trying -- so its a sign she is TRYING. She doesn't have flashy sparkly hands magic. She's got something better -- a good heart.
    Last edited by vonfirmath; 02-27-2014 at 05:31 PM.
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3