Default Bugaboo Donkey on CL: is this a good price?

Hi everyone, someone on CL is selling a Donkey for 550. Do you think this is a good price? This person said she purchased in 2012 and it's in good condition.
    Also, my kids will be a bit more than 3 years apart (DD1 will be 3+ when 2nd one is born). Do you think we'd still need a double stroller? Another issue is, it's gonna be hard to resell it in my area since people don't usually spend this kind of money on a stroller.

I feel like the more rational thing to do is to not get it. But it's such a nice stroller and I've always wanted a 'boo!

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think it is a good price, but will your 3+ yr old fit in the seat? The seats are on the small side. I used a double stroller when mine were 2 yrs apart. By the time my oldest was 3, he no longer needed a stroller unless it was for all day at the amusement park or zoo, in which case we had a double for that, but not sure I would want to leave a donkey unattended at places like that.

PGTB is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

I think it's a very good price, especially if the stroller is in good condition. I bought a used Donkey for more and don't regret it. My kids are almost 3.5 yrs apart and I still use it. I don't need a double every day, but when we need it, this one is amazing. So easy to push over miles and miles of bad sidewalks, and it fits a lot, when you get a bag to hang over the seat and on the handle. The good thing is that it can be used as a single stroller too, which is what I've done a lot in the beginning, before the weather got better to go on our really long walks. It's fun to see the kids interact in it, when they are facing each other, I parent face the little one and forward face the older one. To be honest, my older kid is very skinny, so the width of the seat is not an issue, but the seat is small height wise, I cannot use the canopy with the older kid and his feet don't fit well. Despite this, it's still a very comfy ride for him, and he naps a lot in this stroller.

Overall, I'd say it's still nice to have a double stroller even for an older kid, because some of them don't nap otherwise, like my kid. If you have to be alone with two kids, or have a babysitter taking them, it's much more convenient to have them contained and nap them both with a double stroller. Easier to run errands too with both kids contained and if you are like us, and go on really long walks (we do 5-6 miles/day on weekends), double stroller is a must for a young preschooler. Any time you are out the entire day and don't have a car, the stroller is a place for your older kid to sit and rest, have a snack and nap. I can see, that it may not be relevant to everyone's lifestyle, so you would not get the same answer.
    DS 04/2010
    DD 09/2013