View Poll Results: Do you/would you get busy when you have overnight guests?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Of course! Can't let the mood pass!

23 63.89%
  • Heck no! How can you let go if someone's in the guest room?!

7 19.44%
  • One of us would be fine with it, but the other says, "No way!"

4 11.11%
  • Our houseguests are there for gettin' busy!

0 0%
  • "It's like warm apple pie...." (Other)

2 5.56%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Getting busy while you have houseguests?

If you're in the mood, do you and your SO get busy, even when you may have houseguests overnight?

This never phased me, but apparently DH is on the other side of the coin--houseguests mean we are to behave as if we are virginal, LOL.

Wondering how others feel about this!
    --Mimi
    Mom to Lala (2004), Bonus Mom to Big Sis 1 (1991) and Big Sis 2 (1992)
    Grammy to Big Kindy Kid (2011), Big Pre-K Kid (2012),
    Grandbaby Appendage (2014), and New Baby Grandboy (summer 2017)

OKKiddo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Just have to reply that your options in the poll made me really laugh out loud. Then DH came and read it over my shoulder and he was laughing but now is hinting heavily towards some action, lol!! Thanks.

pharmjenn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We just bought a new house with more bedrooms than we currently have, so we have choices in location. The largest bedroom is next to ours, and I think that is the logical choice for the guest room, and my DH keeps commenting, but it is right next to ours!
    mom to Billy 12/07

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I depends on the houseguests. If we had other adults out in the living room I might feel ok about it. When my kids have a friends spending the night I would HATE for them to hear something and embarrass the heck out of my child or their friend.

I'm fine with it. Our guest room is about as far away from ours as it could be - different level and opposite side. You can't hear a thing. In our old house, the guest room was right next to our room. No way in that situation.

Another question: What if you are a guest in someone else's house and the mood strikes? I let that mood pass! Totally outside my comfort zone.

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Depends how good their hearing is! My parents probably wouldn't notice
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

That one is easy. I'm never in the mood when we have house guests. I'm usually too tired for it. A lot of times, I wait til everyone is in bed to finishe tidying up, prepping food for the next day, and doing all the other behind-the-scenes work that needs to get done. I don't usually do that when are guests are still up because then I'm visiting with them. So it really has nothing to do with privacy.

Once all all the guests leave though, when we can all relax and let go, that is when the mood hits.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

That one is easy. I'm never in the mood when we have house guests. I'm usually too tired for it. A lot of times, I wait til everyone is in bed to finishe tidying up, prepping food for the next day, and doing all the other behind-the-scenes work that needs to get done. I don't usually do that when are guests are still up because then I'm visiting with them. So it really has nothing to do with privacy.
    Exactly. I am always last in bed and after a marathon clean up and morning prep, yeah no thanks!
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Giantbear is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

when we used to have sex, we would be like bunnies when we were the guest, more reserved when we had people over. Now, we don't when we have guests and, apparently, my DD qualifies as a guest
    Proud father of dd 5-30-10

Quote Originally Posted by specialp View Post
    Another question: What if you are a guest in someone else's house and the mood strikes? I let that mood pass! Totally outside my comfort zone.
    With XH-- it didn't matter who's house, or where the guest room was. We once had to freeze in place and start "snoring" when someone came out to get a drink of water and we were on the sleeper sofa in the living room...

With current DH, no way! LOL
    --Mimi
    Mom to Lala (2004), Bonus Mom to Big Sis 1 (1991) and Big Sis 2 (1992)
    Grammy to Big Kindy Kid (2011), Big Pre-K Kid (2012),
    Grandbaby Appendage (2014), and New Baby Grandboy (summer 2017)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast