KDsMommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Uppababy Vista - Should I buy for this price???

So, I'm an avid thrift store shopper, and I was in a store yesterday looking for maternity stuff and happened across these two strollers...Uppababy Vista for $50 and Maxi Cosi Foray for $40. Neither stroller had a bassinet, but both were in good condition. I did not check to see what year either stroller was. The fabrics all looked to be in good condition. The Foray was a little more banged up than the Vista, but both were decent.

Later on I poked around on Craigslist and am seeing the Vista's resale seems pretty good, and also see that it accepts a rumble seat. I'm thinking about getting the Vista and either reselling it on CL, or keeping it for our new little bug. I could get the rumble seat and use it as a double when we need one for DSS3.

If I remember correctly, this thrift store marks everything down 50% on Fridays, so I would stop by today after work and pray it's still there.

What do you stroller experts think? I've been out of the stroller market for quite some time. We're currently using DS1's souped-up P3 for DSS3, but I want something different for this babe and the idea of the rumble seat really has me thinking. I supposed I could get it and if I don't end up wanting to use it for baby, I could always sell it for a profit on CL...
    Christie
    DS '07
    DSS '09
    DSS '12
    DD1 9/21/14

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

A vista for $50 is a steal. Only models 2010 and later can accept a rumble seat, so be sure to check the model year before buying if you want to use the rumble seat.

KDsMommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Well, i went back to but it this afternoon. It was a 2010 model, but the footrest was completely broken off, so I didn't buy it.
    Christie
    DS '07
    DSS '09
    DSS '12
    DD1 9/21/14