Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    PGTB is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle View Post
    I also love love love my bee. We don't do infant seats but I believe for at least some models of infant seat (maxi cosi/cybex aton maybe?) you can have both the seat and the adapter on at the same time so you could switch it up as you need to. I used it fully reclined for DD from birth though, with no problems. I had a vista with my first and I did love it though he hated the bassinet so that was somewhat of a waste and it is big and bulky.
    I agree. I had the Bee with two kids and it is the most versatile stroller I've owned, and I've had a lot. If you need a compromise between a full size, full feature stroller and a compact travel stroller, plus a car seat frame, this is a good choice. It is reversible and for me this was a very important thing, I was not ready to forward face a 4 month old baby. It has a very comfortable seat that reclines almost fully and is also great for kids to sleep in even indoors, when they have a cold/congestion, as it slightly elevates their head while keeping the body flat and comfortable, without squishing them like a car seat or other bucket seat nappers out there do. The only negative, is that the wheels are not really great for rough sidewalks if you walk a lot and for long distances, it can get stuck in rough spots. For long walks and bad sidewalks, or if you walk on trails, I would get a stroller with cushier bigger wheels.
    DS 04/2010
    DD 09/2013

PGTB is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

To answer your question if you need a big stroller, it really depends on your lifestyle. Do you plan to walk a lot outside with your baby and what type of terrain? Do you plan to use a car a lot? Do you live in the city and will use the stroller for grocery shopping and long distance walking on bad sidewalks? Do you need a stroller just mainly for smooth sidewalks and indoor malls? Most people, regardless of lifestyle, actually end up having two strollers, one for walking/jogging, and one for travel/car/inddoor use.
    DS 04/2010
    DD 09/2013

I agree that a frame isn't a good idea, because it really is not good for the baby to spend too much time in the car seat. The car seat really should be only for the car.

If you don't want to do two strollers, how about wearing your newborn and infant and purchasing something like an Uppababy G-luxe at three months?

We bought an Uppababy Vista for our first child, and with him, I was happy with that as my one and only. Once I had DD and was having to take her along to all of DS's activities, I really needed a stroller I could fold up and carry (along with DD) so I could navigate steps and such. The g-luxe fit the bill. We now use it pretty exclusively, even at places we used to think we couldn't go without an all-terrain stroller.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2