ryguy is offline Bronze level (10+ posts)

Default Talk to me about the Valco Zee

I'm pregnant with #3 and am looking for a general all-purpose stroller. For my first two, we had a Chicco (the one with the travel system) and a Maclaren Triumph. The Chicco is shot after two kids, so I'm looking to replace the function that the Chicco had. The Maclaren is great for quick trips and still in decent shape, but I'm looking for something that will work for longer walks through the neighborhood (sidewalks mostly, though not always in the best shape), going to older brothers' sporting events, occasional shopping trips, zoos, etc.

We're in a suburban area, so do a lot of travel by car. I'm probably going to try and get a used carseat frame stroller for the short period we're still using the bucket carseat. So the new stroller doesn't necessarily have to be newborn-friendly, but I'd probably be using it from a relatively young age through toddlerhood.

My older two will be 4.5 and 7.5 when this one is born, so I don't really need a double, and this will be the last one, so it doesn't need to last beyond one kid.

All of that to say, the Valco strollers seem to be good options. The 2012 Zee is on sale on Amazon now for 50% + off. I don't care if I have the latest and greatest model or colors, but is there functionality missing in the 2012 compared to newer models?

Or am I way off base even looking at the Valcos and is there a better option?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

I don't think you're going to get a better new stroller for anything less than that price. A Baby Jogger City Mini GT might be better for your needs but those are more around $200 with the best deals available.
    I don't know much about that particular stroller. For some reason the Zee Two seems to get more love than the Zee, but at that price I think you can't go wrong.

That is a great price for that stroller, but I can only tell you from my one day experience with the Zee Two, not the single. I was ogling it for months and finally bought it, though was disappointed and returned it. I do not like the fold, mainly because it is not compact and you have to manually lock it closed. The basket sticks out from the stroller frame making it taking more room than it seems to need. But this was specifically meant to be in the car. If you are set to you use it out and about- the steering and push is great, though I do prefer an adjustable handlebar, but that is just me. The basket is very nice and the frame seems pretty durable. I didn't take it outside, but the wheels pushed beautifully inside and I think it gets good reviews outdoors too.

I know it is more money, but I would maybe go with the Snap (maybe 4) and it has the option of air tires too. If I need a single and no other new and improved is around- that is probably what I'd do. But, please keep in mind that I do LOVE Valco! ;-)

Good luck!

ryguy is offline Bronze level (10+ posts)

Thanks for your input! Of course, in my wavering back and forth, the old Amazon price change got me. It actually went down to $133, but now it's back up to $213. So I missed out on the incredible deal. I'll keep an eye on it, but for $213, I don't feel as much pressure to grab it now. I'm still intrigued by the Valcos, so I think I'll keep watching those.

Thanks again!