Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Looking for large SUV

to transport two kids and two great danes. Need a third row. We do not like American cars. Any ideas or recommendations?
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Toyota Sequoia? My stepmom had one and it was HUGE.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have no experience with it, and I have no idea of your price point, but I feel like the Infinity QX80 is a giant monster truck. Every time I see one I think, "That thing is huge."
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

So I was going to suggest the enclave because my friends who have it, love it. If no American, I would look at the largest Audi or BMW or Volvo. All three should be good in the snow and I remember your long driveway. I have seen infinitys struggle in snow. I would also look at land rover and range rover. I know a lot of people like the honda pilot and the large Toyota.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elliput is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Toyota Land Cruiser.
    Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Since one just does not simply walk into Mordor, I say we form a conga line and dance our way in.
    Excuse me, are you in a play​?

Momit is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I know you said no American, but you might want to consider the Ford Flex. We have been very happy with ours. I am limited to buying only American because DH works in the industry - the Flex is one I would have chosen even without that obligation. Comfortable, good gas mileage for a large vehicle, easy to get in and out of.
    DS age 9

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

One of the larger Toyotas?

Also, the Nissan Armada seems HUGE (never been in one but I've had to squeeze into a parking space next to one.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Twoboos View Post
    I have no experience with it, and I have no idea of your price point, but I feel like the Infinity QX80 is a giant monster truck. Every time I see one I think, "That thing is huge."
    An Infiniti is my fave right now, but ouch, pricey! The local dealer gave me a new Pilot to try out till Friday. Not feeling it so far. Currently have a BMW x5 and love it but it is barely big enough for 1 great dane.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by arivecchi View Post
    to transport two kids and two great danes. Need a third row. We do not like American cars. Any ideas or recommendations?
    Toyota Sequoia or Land Cruiser, I don't care for Lexus' versions of the large SUVs, though new model years may be improved. Toyota seems to have gotten it right, while the Lexus versions just seemed off and after-thoughty in a lot of practical details.

That Infiniti Q whatever / Nissan Armada is huge huge too.

I don't think an Audi Q7 will be large enough. It is big, but not big big (more like a Toyota Highlander, which would not work for 2 danes).

I also don't think the Volvo XC90 will be large enough.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We have a QX56 which I think is the same as an 80, just older. I LOVE it. We will never go back to anything else. We bought ours a year or two old to help with costs. I think there should be planets of room for two kids and two Great Danes, though I don't know how much more you need to carry.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast