Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Nice! I know I have never known why some people classify the X5 as a large SUV, it is more mid size. Enjoy your new "boat." Love your clean garage too!
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by arivecchi View Post
    Ended up with an Infiniti QX56. I think I'm in love! It's a freaking spaceship but that is what we need. We even had the salesperson drive it over to our house so we could make sure it fit in our garage and that the two great danes fit in the back (they do)!
    Yay!! I hope you continue to love it. I will never buy another vehicle, I love ours so much. You'll get used to the size soon and it won't feel so big. We have the older body and it seems even bigger than the new one.

Quote Originally Posted by theriviera View Post
    I have this car and I love it. I actually think it has a much cargo space as the bigger one. It has less vertical space but when you have all 3 rows up the space in the back seems to be the same (I had the QX 56 for 3 days while my JX35 was in the shop). It handles really well and the safety technology is amazing. I don't think I could drive another car without it.
    I wonder if they changed the cargo when they redesigned. We have the older QX and I remember looking at the JX when we first came out, thinking maybe we'd downsize to it someday. We looked at it when we were waiting on our QX getting serviced and quickly vetoed the JX because the cargo space seemed so much smaller. Maybe the redesign of the QX lost cargo space.

Just wondering what's wrong with American cars? There are many made here in the US that would fit your needs.

I have had Chevy, Toyota (2) and Ford (3) trucks/SUV...and a Mercury Milan. Each had their own quirks. I just prefer to keep the jobs here (I know some parts are made in other countries) and if I can do my part I will buy buying American.

Lots of people here are Subaru, Infinity and Audi fans, I know nothing of the models though.
    Bodyboarding, music loving, clothing upcycler Mom to adult kid1, elementary kid2

How fun!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!

It's beautiful!!!!

Default Looking for large SUV

Quote Originally Posted by Nooknookmom View Post
    Just wondering what's wrong with American cars? There are many made here in the US that would fit your needs.

I have had Chevy, Toyota (2) and Ford (3) trucks/SUV...and a Mercury Milan. Each had their own quirks. I just prefer to keep the jobs here (I know some parts are made in other countries) and if I can do my part I will buy buying American.

Lots of people here are Subaru, Infinity and Audi fans, I know nothing of the models though.
    Because the American cars competing with the Infiniti and Audi are not as nice, don't drive as well, are less reliable and just not worth the money to many. We just had a 2013 Tahoe for two weeks and it was a beast, couldn't hold as much as my Mercedes despite looking bigger and getting far worse mileage and was just not as nice as my car. At the airport, my seven year old car was sooooo much tighter, better handling and just better than the brand new fully loaded premium rental. (The only good thing was Costco had the Tahoe for the same or less than the minivan rentals!)

ETA. FWIW, I do try to buy American, don't shop at Walmart and my MB was built in Alabama! If I was to get a new car, the QX80 is on the short list of 2-3 cars. It is nice!

Quote Originally Posted by HannaAddict View Post
    Because the American cars competing with the Infiniti and Audi are not as nice, don't drive as well, are less reliable and just not worth the money to many. We just had a 2013 Tahoe for two weeks and it was a beast, couldn't hold as much as my Mercedes despite looking bigger and getting far worse mileage and was just not as nice as my car. At the airport, my seven year old car was sooooo much tighter, better handling and just better than the brand new fully loaded premium rental. (The only good thing was Costco had the Tahoe for the same or less than the minivan rentals!)

ETA. FWIW, I do try to buy American, don't shop at Walmart and my MB was built in Alabama! If I was to get a new car, the QX80 is on the short list of 2-3 cars. It is nice!

I drove a Yukon before my QX56 (QX80 now) and let me tell you, there is no comparison. For just a bit more money, we got a gorgeous used QX that drives better than most cars I've been in and is just over all a much better vehicle. I believe the QX was the first Infiniti built in the US. My Yukon drove like a big truck and was a very rough ride. It also didn't have lay flat seats in the back which is a HUGE bonus when hauling something in the Infiniti. We looked at every single option out there (Yukon, Tahoe, Acadia, Saturn Outlook, Enclave,etc) and none of them had the features or the comfortable drive that our Infiniti does. We will not drive anything else I don't think. DH does drive a Dodge Ram, but we will remain Infiniti owners for our "family" car.

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    Nice! I know I have never known why some people classify the X5 as a large SUV, it is more mid size. Enjoy your new "boat." Love your clean garage too!
    It's totally a mid-size SUV. Awesome car but definitely not as roomy as a large SUV.

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    Yay!! I hope you continue to love it. I will never buy another vehicle, I love ours so much. You'll get used to the size soon and it won't feel so big. We have the older body and it seems even bigger than the new one.
    I am seriously in love with this car and was excited to drive to the train station this morning. lol. The multiple backup cameras are AWESOME - especially since I have to back up my car at the train station every day. Thanks for all the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by HannaAddict View Post
    Foreign luxury cars are so much better designed and handle so much better. There is just no comparison.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Would you be able to sit between two rear facing carseats in the backseat with the QX56? Or have two narrow seats (say two Foonfs or a Foonf/Coccoro) next to each other and room for a 3rd adult?

I have a BMW X3 and there is just no way anyone is sitting between two car seats. There is not a whole lot of room for an average sized adult in the passenger seat with a rear facing seat behind them either. So my 5 seater SUV is now effectively a 1.5 seater! Wish I had been more clued in about carseats when I bought the car (two months before DD1).
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014

Quote Originally Posted by flashy09 View Post
    Would you be able to sit between two rear facing carseats in the backseat with the QX56? Or have two narrow seats (say two Foonfs or a Foonf/Coccoro) next to each other and room for a 3rd adult?

I have a BMW X3 and there is just no way anyone is sitting between two car seats. There is not a whole lot of room for an average sized adult in the passenger seat with a rear facing seat behind them either. So my 5 seater SUV is now effectively a 1.5 seater! Wish I had been more clued in about carseats when I bought the car (two months before DD1).
    The QX has three rows. Are you talking about the smaller Infiniti? I forget what's it's called now, but used to be the JX. In the QX you could definitely sit between two seats in the back row. We have bucket seats in our second row so I'm not sure how the second row would be on that one.

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by flashy09 View Post

Our QX56 has two seats in the second row with a console in between. In our X5 we could easily fit one adult or kid outboard with a Radian RFing in the center -no such luck with Britax. With 2 HBBs, we could only fit the bubblebum in between for a third kid. A slim adult will fit but not comfortably.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast