Default Bob Motion & infant adapter??

Does anyone have this stroller? I was thinking about getting it since we live in a snowy area and I thought it would handle parking lots better than a travel system, and it would also handle outdoor walks well. BUT...

It is pretty heavy, it has air filled tires, which I imagine you'd have to fill periodically, and I don't like Britax infant seats. The car seat adapter you use for the other brands of infant seats seems annoying, they just kind of sit on top, instead of snapping in, from what I can tell. Was just wondering if anyone had any experiences or comments about it.

We also like the Baby Jogger City Mini GT (I actually prefer 3-wheeled strollers, they seem to handle better), but the seat doesn't sit fully upright and the child tray seems too high to be useful. And same issue with the car seat adapter being annoying, since the stroller only takes Britax seats.

Only other ones we saw that we kinda liked were the Graco fastaction fold Sport or Aire3, but they seem to have less major wheels/suspension than the city Mini GT and the Bob Motion. And they don't have adjustable handles, which is a MUST for us.

If anyone has comments on the Bob Motion infant seat adapter, I'd be interested to hear them! Or other suggestions for (preferably) 3-wheel strollers that can handle some bumps and an infant seat, but aren't too heavy.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have the Bob Motion and had the Mini GT. The Mini GT seemed way too tippy, so I returned it. The Bob Motion is okay. It handles outdoor terrain pretty well. I have had it for a year and only needed to fill my tires once during that time. I don't think it is that heavy. I have certainly had much heavier strollers.

The only other suggestion I have is The Bumbleride Indie (3 wheels), or the new Indie 4 wheel that is coming out at the end of next month. It is about 20 lbs, will take a variety or car seats, and has air tires so it is good for outdoor terrain as well. The downside is that it is pricey. I'd stay away from Graco strollers are they are not all that great.

I have a City Mini GT and I love it. It is a bit reclined in the most upright position, but it has never been a problem. I bought it when my son was 6 months bold and he is now 2yo. We do not have the snack tray.

I have heard great things about the Indie. My friend has one and she loves it. Personally, I like my GT more.

I have no experience with the BOB Motion. It seems like if people are looking for a BOB, the usually go with the Revo model.

Just don't get a Graco. As tempting as the features and/or price may be, they are not well made and have an unpleasant push. I am speaking from experience.

Nikki--Out of curiosity, which Graco did you have that had an unpleasant push?

I love the City Mini GT, I'm just a little worried since some kids don't seem to mind the recline, and others seem to hate it. I hadn't thought about the tippyness, that's a good point. It is pretty lightweight though, and I love the push.

PZMommy--Is there anything on the Bob Motion you wish was different, since you said it was just ok?

I'll look into the Bumbleride Indie/Indie 4, but I suspect they will be out of my price range.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The main thing I don't like is that it isn't as "pretty" as strollers like the Indie. Also I wish the basket was a bit bigger. The GT has those same issues, but I thought the Bob felt more stable. My son likes to climb in the stroller and the GT would be on the verge of tipping over every time.

Tigerlily - I don't see the model of Graco stroller I had on their website, and I don't remember the model name. It was blue plaid, had four wheels, and was reversable from front to rear facing. It actually broke before I was ready to quit using it. Aside from my Graco experience, I have had friends and sister-in-laws who have regretted their Graco purchases. Others on this forum have reported similarly.

I agree with PZmommy about the GT being kinda ugly. I thought it kind of was, too. I bought the all black one (the least ugly on my opinion) and I don't really notice what it looks like anymore. Also, the basket doesn't seem huge, but I often fit a surprising amount of stuff in there. I have four kids and we regularly cram all our stuff in there on outings. But, yes, it is a whimpy basket in comparison to the wheelbarrow-sized backet on the Uppa Vista, but a million times better than the teeny storage on an umbrella stroller. Lastly, tipping has not been an issue at all for me, but my son is 28 months. Maybe that will change as he grows older, but we tend to quit using strollers around age 3 in my family. Maybe it won't be a problem for us at all. At least I hope so.

Edited to add: I didn't realize that PZ was talking about the BOB Motion being not so pretty. Ah well, now you know my opinion about the looks of the GT.
    Last edited by hihellonikki; 04-10-2014 at 12:07 AM.

Thanks!

ok one more question...I've read you can put an infant/newborn in both the city mini gt and the bob motion without a car seat, since they recline mostly flat (you's just use a body/head support pillow I suppose). My question is, since the leg rest doesn't flip up in either of these strollers, where do their legs go?? Just hanging off the seat? Sorry if that's a stupid question, I just can't picture it. And can the seatbelt straps really be adjusted to fit an infant?