Question Infant Car Seat Install Question

I tried installing a Snugride 35 Click Connect in our 2010 prius in an outboard position using LATCH but no matter how tight I got the LATCH strap, the end of the base furthest away from the connectors (the end that is toward the front of the car) would still move side to side 1.5-2 inches. Is that OK? It's been almost 5 years since I've dealt with an infant seat so I just don't remember. And then I tried installing the seat in the center without the base using the shoulder belt and there was a lot of movement both side to side and up and down. If the seatbelt will lock, I don't need to use a locking clip, correct? But even with the belt locked the seat still moved a lot. It would just slide around on the seat fabric when I rocked it. Suggestions?

Thanks!

Anyone?

Katigre is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Yes, that's fine and expected. Where your want no movement (less than 1") is at the place where the connectors connect - against the base of the seat.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mom of 4: Boy (10), Girl (7), Boy (4), Girl (2)

Yep, just make sure it's LATCHed so that the belt twangs like a guitar string and the base doesn't move right at that point. It's all good if it still moves at the front of the base, as odd as it seems!
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#