Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default How long did you rear face in a Britax seat?

DS is 2.5 in a Britax Boulevard. He's about 30 lbs, so pretty far from the weight limits. Not sure of height but he's pretty average. His head is >90%tile though, so I have always used that as a reason not to turn him. DH and my mom are pressuring me even more to turn though. I do admit it is a pain to buckle him.

He straightens his legs against the seat back and won't sit down. Even when he's being cooperative, it's difficult to get the hip straps tightened appropriately when his legs are crossed or froggied or his hips flexed. This makes the shoulder straps tight to get on him too.

In retrospect, maybe I should have gotten a Radian or something that has more seat room. He does seem cramped. I don't think buying a new convertible at this point makes sense though. I told them he had to sit rearfacing at least up until the winter was over.

How much further can I really push this without buying a new seat? Has anyone gone past 3 in a Britax seat?

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

till 2.5 in a boulevard
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

LMPC is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

3.5 in a blvd
    Mommy to a total chatterbox
    DD now tells me she prefers to be known as a
    DD 10/08

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We RF'd to 3 in a Marathon70 and Boulevard70.

She fought like crazy RF-ing and fought like crazy FF-ing, so I chalk the fighting up to developmentally normal/asserting the self kinds of behavior.

There are times when she still fights getting into the seat, but it's easier to reason with her these days, so she'll lose a toy or privilege if she doesn't listen.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

The Britax is so bad with leg room. I never realized just how bad until I got a Foonf for my car and the difference is incredible. My DD is ok right now (average height, not long legs), but I am going to hand down the Advocate to the baby this summer and get another convertible for DD1 to RF in DH's car. She will be around 2.5
    Last edited by flashy09; 03-08-2014 at 04:34 PM.
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DS1 4.5 in a BLVD
    DS2 will be 4.5 this summer - we'll turn him at some point this summer. He's in a BLVD too.

DS RFd in a Blvd until 3y3m. He is on the taller side. He didn't outgrow it, it was replaced due to an accident. He's now 4.5 and RFing in a NextFit.

Have you tried tickling his belly to make him collapse/relax? That used to work wonders for us.

Ds1 is still rear facing in his marathon 70 at 3y 1m, but I just measured and he only has 1.5-2 inches above his head so I suspect our days are numbered. He is definitely a big tall kid, but he still fits. I also wish I had gotten a sea that is better for extended rear facing, but I didn't really know enough about it at the time. I already bought another marathon 70 for ds2, but I wish I had passed down the marathon70 and bought a next fit or radian so ds1 could tear face longer.

Not quite to 2.5 in a MA, then bought a new seat so he could RF longer and he made it to 4 in a RN. He's always been very tall for his age.
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

sunnyside is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My daughter is 3y8m RF in her Boulevard and isn't getting turned anytime soon.
    Mama to two sweet girls - Summer 2010 and Spring 2015

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast