MamaSnoo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default LBB for 6 yo? More car seat shuffle...

I am still really struggling with the seat belt locking and getting trapped on the armrest of the FR85 in my Prius. It is driving me nuts. The same thing happens to DH in his Accord.

I have to replace 2 boosters in our Sienna right now anyway (Evenflo Maestros, outgrown by DD and the nanny's DD). For some reason the belts never get stuck in there. I was thinking about moving the 2 FR85s there, and buying LBBs for the Prius/Accord which hopefully won't get the seatbelt stuck. Otherwise, I might try the Recaro Performance boosters. But, I am worried that the Recaros are going to have the same seatbelt issue, though.

Thing is, DD is 6. Are most 6 yo ok in a LBB? It seems like such a jump to me. She was harnessed until just a couple months ago. If it matters, my car and DHs car are mostly for commuting and short trips with the kids around town. Mostly, she rides in the Sienna with the nanny, or in the Sienna with us for longer trips.

TIA!
    Bug-a-wug 3/2008

Baby-Boy 5/2012.

Simon is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

The main question is whether the belt position is correct with an LBB. My 8yo can use an LBB in some cars but in others needs the upper part of an HBB to position the shoulder strap correctly, otherwise it goes over his neck or slides off the edge of his shoulder.
    Ds1 (2006). Ds2 (2010). Ds3 (2012).

MamaSnoo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks- I was wondering about that too. I also think the should belt pathway helps as a reminder to DD to keep it posititioned correctly. I went ahead and ordered the Recaro HBB. Should arrive later this week, so I can try it out then!

Seat issues end up being such an experiment sometimes.
    Bug-a-wug 3/2008

Baby-Boy 5/2012.

Our cheapy LBB that we've used for our 5 year old for brief trips on vacation has a clip for the shoulder strap so it is positioned properly.