Default Castor oil success stories?

I am ready for this baby lol, will be 40 weeks on Wednesday, baby is head down, low, cervix soft but that is about it since week 36... Hoping for vbac and they will let me go till 23rd I think. Ladies on my birth board on BC get a lot bashing for CO, wanted to see if it worked for anyone, or I'm better off just forgetting about it..
    My sweet and curly haired DD 4
    ...and expecting someone new mid April 2014

I'd say wait until the 23rd before using it. Your body will labor and birth much more effectively if it goes into labor on its own. I was on time with my first two and 5 days late with my third.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Katigre is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

It can work if your body is ready. My homebirth midwife used it with moms who were 42 weeks.

What I'd recommend is to wait until the night before your deadline and do the protocol then.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mom of 4: Boy (10), Girl (7), Boy (4), Girl (2)

It worked for me twice, the first time was horrible. I took a second foes and it was too much. Contractions were really strong and no break between them. I swore I'd never touch the stuff again. I was 41+1. Second DD, I was 41+2, took one dose and it worked perfectly no bad side effects. I took it both times bc at my Birth Center you have to start induction procedures at 41+4.

I wouldn't take it yet if I were you I'd wait til the last minute before trying it.
    DD1- 5/2008
    DD2- 3/2012
    Expecting a Boy July 2014!

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Check with Latia Essnce629 ... she has a castor oil regimen that has a good success rate!

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yes, I have a castor oil regimen with a 100% success rate (13 out of 13!) and I just gave it out to another mom-to-be on Thursday who was 40 weeks. PM me for more info.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

megv is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I would definitely wait, especially if you are a VBAC.
    DS1, DS2, DS3, and DD

I had a VBAC with dd2. She came at 41 weeks. I would not do cO although I know there are proponents for it here. If you get sick and end up in the hospital you will probably end up with a c-section. I did herbs, acupuncture, massage, yoga, spicy foods, sex. She came when she was good and ready and nothing was going to rush her.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I went to an acupuncturist when my OB started talking about inducing on my EDD. Saw the acupuncturist in the afternoon (went home and was spotting) and DS2 was born the next morning (one day before my due date).

Thanks, lots to think about lol! I have dr appointment on Wed (due date), I will def be 40 weeks then (my cycles are short, barely 26-28 days so the dates are correct ). We will see what they say, they were pretty adamant about scheduling rcs on 23rd the latest I so want to vbac! I am afraid of going much over bc of possible fetal distress etc. Will hold of for now on, we went for a very long walk yesterday, planning to take DD to the mall today too... I did have an increase in contractions since Saturday but not sure if those were just BH or not... MIL lands today to stay with DD when labor starts so we are all ready. Hope LO is getting there too!!
    My sweet and curly haired DD 4
    ...and expecting someone new mid April 2014