JElaineB is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Skylanders Swap Force starter packs 50% off at Amazon

Not sure how long this will last, but Skylanders Swap Force Starter packs are 50% off right now at Amazon. You need to get the one specific to your system. Here's the link to the Wii version: http://www.amazon.com/Skylanders-SWA...ers+swap+force

I bought the Wii U version a few days ago for DS for Easter and it was $5 more and that was the lowest price ever. I just now bought the 3DS version as well since it comes with 3 different figures and a different version of the game for the 3DS. Also this week at Target the figures are Buy 2 get 1 free and at Best Buy the figures are Buy 1 get 1 50% off.

They're matching Toys-R-Us, which has them for the same price this week. So much easier to buy from Amazon!
    You can also price match at Target - I just pulled the Toys-R-Ss ad up on my phone. I also used the $10 off starter pack coupon that's in the McDonald's Happy Meals and got 5 percent off with my redcard. I was pretty happy!
    (McDonald's let you just buy the toy, a plastic Skylander, for $2 if you don't want the happy meal. I'm throwing the toy in in the Easter basket.)

Thanks OP! DS asked for this and I wasn't going to get it, but now...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Debbie

Quote Originally Posted by amybds View Post
    They're matching Toys-R-Us, which has them for the same price this week. So much easier to buy from Amazon!
    You can also price match at Target - I just pulled the Toys-R-Ss ad up on my phone. I also used the $10 off starter pack coupon that's in the McDonald's Happy Meals and got 5 percent off with my redcard. I was pretty happy!
    (McDonald's let you just buy the toy, a plastic Skylander, for $2 if you don't want the happy meal. I'm throwing the toy in in the Easter basket.)
    Wow, that's even better! I was looking at websites this weekend but it didn't occur to me to check out Toys-R-Us and I have Shoprunner, even. Wish I had known about the Happy Meal coupon, but there's No Toy-R-Us around here though so I am not sure if Target would price match in that case? I guess I still got a decent price, and I know DS will like it.

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

There are good deals on the Skylander Giants starter pack, too. What do people think of the Giants versus the Swap Force?

Quote Originally Posted by elbenn View Post
    There are good deals on the Skylander Giants starter pack, too. What do people think of the Giants versus the Swap Force?
    We played Giants already and it was fun. If you start with Giants just realize that the brand new characters (including the ones that have swap capability) won't work with it. But any figures you get for Giants would work with Swap Force.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Can someone explain Skylanders to me?I wonder if it would be a good present for DS1 for Christmas. He will be 6 by then. He keeps coming home from school talking about it, but I know nothing about this one. We only have a Wii. Can you play two players together on this one, unlike Disney Infinity?

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    Can someone explain Skylanders to me?I wonder if it would be a good present for DS1 for Christmas. He will be 6 by then. He keeps coming home from school talking about it, but I know nothing about this one. We only have a Wii. Can you play two players together on this one, unlike Disney Infinity?
    Yes, you can play two players on Wii. I played Skylanders Giants with DS, and will play Swap Force with him (we have the Wii U version but they are the same). It is a pretty easy/intro game but fun. In Giants at least you could also vary how hard the game is. I really don't know why it is rated 10 and up, I think it would be fine for a 6 year old.

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Thanks for this!

I went to Target to PM as TRU is not close. I had to go to guest services and expected to get the $32.49 price. The CSR gave me 50% off the Target price to make it $27.49.

I also got three figure on the "you need these to unlock everything in the game" list for $30. Covers the next two birthdays!
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

MomtoNico is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I bought this at toys r us a couple of weeks ago. On Saturday it will 25 dollars. I can't not find the receipt for them to do a price adjustment. Can they look up info with my credit card?