Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 14 More Days...

OKKiddo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Indianamom2 View Post
    Thanks for thinking of me. Sitting is WORLDS better than standing, but it all hurts. I posted in the Lounge earlier today that I went back to my family Dr. yesterday and begged to try something else just to get through the weekend. Still waiting for the Rxs, but I should be getting some steroids and muscle relaxers. Hopefully that will help.
    I saw your update on that post but I didn't have anything constructive to say to handle the situation. I've been in your shoes (have a pretty bad case of scoliosis and when my back goes out, I'm down pretty bad) and the way our brains work when we're in pain is totally different than a normal person. Life plain ole sucks and it feels like normal living is on hold until we're better again. We're grouchy (ok, outright bitchy), short tempered, impatient, and feel like we're barely hanging on when pain levels hit their high point. And only someone else who has either experienced that level of chronic pain or who is currently in that level of hell will get how desperate you feel. But, it's ok to call them back and detail the pain and why you feel that they have failed you by letting the ball drop. In fact, you should. And you shouldn't feel guilty about giving a good guilt trip.

Sending prayers and positive thoughts that involve pain free days your way!

khalloc is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Back in the summer of 2012 I was having problems with my knees. I could not bend one and my knee was swollen so bad. I had episodes with inflammatory arthritis before. I told my regular doctor that I NEEDED to see a rheumatologist again. They made me an appointment but it was 2 months away. There is no way I would have lasted. Anyways, I called up the rheumatology department myself and just by chance they had someone cancel for that day!

You should try calling yourself. Call every day if you can. So you can squeeze in if they have a cancellation.
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2