Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    lmh2402 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Exclamation could i have fractured my elbow?

it's hailing here. wtf. i thought it was raining. thank god i had decided to take the dogs out one at a time. i had the older one in my arms, took one step out my back door and fell hard. really, really hard down my four back steps.

i cracked my right elbow really hard. i'm honestly not sure if it hit one time or on each of the steps down. it happened so quickly. i just know that all of a sudden i was sitting on my ass on a really wet, cold icy bottom step. it took me at least 30 seconds before i was even sure if I could stand up.

I was aware that my rear-end hurt, but in comparison it was nothing compared to my elbow.

so, i can bend the elbow and it doesn't hurt any worse when i bend it. but it just hurts badly bent or straight. and my arm and fingers are tingling and kind of numb.

what to do? ice? anti-inflammatory for sure. what else? should i try to wrap it? my husband isn't home and i have no idea when he'll get home - has a work event tonight.

thanks

p.s. - f winter. it's the middle of april. it should not be hailing outside right now.
    mama to my awesome sporty boy (4/09) , precocious little girl (7/12) , and loving doggies (10/05 & 1/14)

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

It could be fractured. I fractured mine, and I could move it for the first ten hours or so, but then it became way to painful to move it. It hurt so badly, and I had the tingly feeling too. I'd probably go get it checked out.

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    It could be fractured. I fractured mine, and I could move it for the first ten hours or so, but then it became way to painful to move it. It hurt so badly, and I had the tingly feeling too. I'd probably go get it checked out.
    Same here. I hurt mine in the evening and then went to bed and woke up in the middle of the night in pain with a very swollen elbow that I couldn't straighten. Good luck!

kellij is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

When I broke mine I literally couldn't straighten my arm at all and my fingers were swelled up. How is the swelling in your fingers? If you can straighten it and there is little swelling, I would think you bruised it really badly, but if it keeps hurting you might as well just get checked out.

KpbS is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I am so sorry! I have struggled with tennis elbow for many months and it is ridiculously painful. Hope the ice and ibuprofen help tremendously. I would definitely go it if you are in pain tomorrow. Hugs!!!

Tennis elbow from repeated elbow injuries which have destroyed my nerves, not anything fun like tennis itself.
    Last edited by KpbS; 04-16-2014 at 12:51 AM.
    K

I fractured mine last year and ended up waiting for hours in the ER and then was referred to Orthopedist. He said you can go right to Ortho for X-rays and be seen faster. Faster and no ER germs would be better so you might look into calling your primary doctor and see if you can set up an appointment for X-rays. Good luck!

cvanbrunt is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I thought I fractured my foot last month and went to one of doc in box urgent care places for x-rays. The fracture was confirmed and they got me a same day appointment at an ortho.
    Carrie

DD#1 September 2005
    DD#2 October 2007

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I second going to an urgent care place! Most all of them are equipped to take xrays and it'd be so much quicker.

ArizonaGirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

How is your elbow, did you end up going to the ER or Urgent Care?
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

also wondering how you're doing
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast