Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Non-stick cookware

So I haven't been paying attention to non-stick cookware for years, b/c of the bad stuff in it. But I recently saw Pioneer Woman cook a fritatta which made me want one pan. Plus it would be great to have scrambled eggs that don't stick!

Is it all bad still (Teflon)? I found an All-Clad D3 11in pan at Marshalls today for $99 and almost got it. I have one for $90 sitting in my Amazon cart.

Any brands that are good? Do I just have to be careful with washing/utensils?
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

OKKiddo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

This is the set that DH got me for Christmas and I LOVE it! I hand wash them but I don't mind because NOTHING STICKS to them. I booted my old Stainless Steel Emerilware as soon as I got this set. http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/stor...tegoryId=10518

BBB also has a two piece 10 and 12 inch omelet pan set for $39.99--you could use your 20% off coupon and the $5 coupon from the mailer to get them for under $30 after taxes and coupons. http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/stor...tegoryId=10518 **It's out of stock online right now, but you could always check your local BBB.

Or this Contemporary Calphalon set for $10 more at $49.99 Using the same coupons above you could get the 2 piece set for under $40 after coupons and taxes.
    http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/stor...tegoryId=10518
    Last edited by OKKiddo; 04-16-2014 at 10:23 PM. Reason: ETA

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I love my Nordicware nonstick wok from Costco. I know woks may not be considered an all-purpose "only one" pan because of its shape, but thought I would mention it anyways. I got it for $19.99 when Costco offered it at $5 off. It is normally $24.99. Nothing sticks to it, very easy to clean.
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks for the responses! So, do all these use Teflon? Or is there something else now?

What about the Green Pan - is that actually "safe" or just a gimmick?
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

You can get green nonstick pans. I'm not sure how safe all the different brands are.

I could be fooling myself, but we ended up with a couple Scanpans and they are awesome. I use mostly all clad and le creuset but DH can.not cook on those. He has to have nonstick or he will ruin my pans. Even he can't ruin the scanpans.

An example of what we have
    http://www.williams-sonoma.com/produ..._-NoMerchRules

Seriously, NOTHING sticks to these. They clean up instantly.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have a green pan and love it! It's the orgreenics one. I got a 10" one. It's what I use for scrambled eggs, etc. and nothing sticks to it. Otherwise all my other pans are stainless steel and cast iron.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by smilequeen View Post
    You can get green nonstick pans. I'm not sure how safe all the different brands are.

I could be fooling myself, but we ended up with a couple Scanpans and they are awesome. I use mostly all clad and le creuset but DH can.not cook on those. He has to have nonstick or he will ruin my pans. Even he can't ruin the scanpans.

An example of what we have
    http://www.williams-sonoma.com/produ..._-NoMerchRules

Seriously, NOTHING sticks to these. They clean up instantly.
    I was all set to buy the Scanpan when I visited my mom over Spring Break. She had this one: http://www.williams-sonoma.com/produ...cm_src=AutoRel

Loved cooking with it.

MaiseyDog is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have this skillet. It was the one recommended by cooks illustrated. My understanding is that the teflon is bad once it starts to break down so I don't really want to spend a lot on a pan that I will have to replace fairly frequently. I have all-clad stainless that I love and don't mind spending a lot for it as I know it will last, but for non-stick I want something fairly cheap. This pan has been great for eggs and such which is about all I use it for.
    Margaret

DD1- 2/14/05
    DD2- 9/24/07

Quote Originally Posted by lhafer View Post
    I have a green pan and love it! It's the orgreenics one. I got a 10" one. It's what I use for scrambled eggs, etc. and nothing sticks to it. Otherwise all my other pans are stainless steel and cast iron.

We love it. Nothing sticks and it is so easy to clean!
    Big Boy 2/04
    Little Boy 7/08

kboyle is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I LOVE love love my pampered chef nonstick and stainless pans...awesome pans if you can get them during a cookware promo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kristine, Supermommy to
    Charlie (6/2003), Max (8/2005) & Ernie (5/2007)