PGTB is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Default Head slump in High back booster or combo seats- whcih one is better

I narrowed down to Evenflo Securekid or Evenflo Maestro for our skinny 4 year old (30lb). We don't use the car a lot, but when we use it, we go usually on road trips and DS sleeps in the car, even for errands, he falls asleep in the car. So, the comfort for sleeping is the next important feature after safety. Does anyone here by any chance have experience with both of these car seats and can tell me which one will have less of a head slump and more comfort for a sleeping child? Also, if you have any other recommendations for a comfortable and light and not too expensive seat, it will be great

TIA!
    DS 04/2010
    DD 09/2013

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Doesn't the securekid have bigger wings and more padding? I would go for that since they're otherwise pretty much the same. To help with slump in general, try to teach him to look up when he's sleepy.

PGTB is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle View Post
    Doesn't the securekid have bigger wings and more padding? I would go for that since they're otherwise pretty much the same. To help with slump in general, try to teach him to look up when he's sleepy.
    Bigger padding is what I am worried about, as it would naturally push the head forward, the wings are a good thing, although, not so great probably for visibility out of the window.
    DS 04/2010
    DD 09/2013