View Poll Results: Does fingernail and toenail Polish have to match?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • No rules, do what you like

26 36.62%
  • Colors should compliment each other, but don't have to match

17 23.94%
  • Colors should match on fingers and toes

3 4.23%
  • Fingers or toes natural looking/no polish. Color on the other

22 30.99%
  • Fingers and toes both natural looking or no polish

3 4.23%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    queenmama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    I tend to go wild and crazy on my toes and then do something a little more plain for my fingers. I change my fingers every week or so, but my toes stay for a few weeks.
    Same. I only have bold nails when it's fall/winter and you can't see my toes. In the warm months, it's often hard to keep up with both so I'll always choose my toes.

Quote Originally Posted by amatahrain View Post
    I hate looking at unpainted toe nails on other women. I never show my toes in public unless they're painted.
    I have a serious hangup about this. Unpainted toenails skeeve me out. Hard.

Lara
    Mama to Henry (6/2000) and Agnes (4/2012)
    old school member of the BBB

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Toes...fun color. Fingers...light, natural, hint of color...or nothing.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

Binkandabee is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I always have a french manicure on my fingers and then something more fun on my toes. I usually have them do a little painted flower on my big toe....and sometimes they even add small gems which I love!
    DD 07/03
    DD 07/08
    Our family is complete!

WhenI have polished fingernails, which is rare, I do a French manicure or clear/ver faintly tinted polish. I tend to go bold on my toes. I have only matched toes and fingers once, on my wedding day when I did the same very sheer, natural looking color on both.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My toes are always polished and I choose whatever color strikes my fancy at the moment. Almost always it's something "fun", bold, sparkly, etc (they are currently turquoise). My fingernails are super super soft and so I keep them very short and though I love polish on my nails it makes them even more soft (or maybe it's the remover). That and polish chips w/in a day. When I do polish them I try to do trendy but pale colors (mint, lilac, etc).
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I prefer to have complementary colors on fingers & toes, but sometimes I just have to have a bold color on the toes (always the toes) with whatever I want on the fingers.

I've done the matchy-matchy thing in the past but find it boring.

I do not often do my own polish because I'm very sensitive to the fumes in standard polishes, but now that we've expanded our collection of Piggy Paint (ostensibly for DD), I find I'm more open to polish.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lmh2402 View Post
    my toes are painted year round. my fingers are painted rarely. i got a manicure in January. before that, I got one I think two years before.

It's simply not worth it as they chip almost immediately since my hands are in water so much. I keep my fingernails super short and prefer a bare, clean look.
    I usually have toe nails painted (at least in the summer), but also find that fingernails chip almost immediately and look worse than if they don't have any polish on them. I do have a nice nude nail polish that looks really nice and doesn't show when it chips, but even that is too much effort because it chips so quickly.

Binkandabee is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elbenn View Post
    I usually have toe nails painted (at least in the summer), but also find that fingernails chip almost immediately and look worse than if they don't have any polish on them. I do have a nice nude nail polish that looks really nice and doesn't show when it chips, but even that is too much effort because it chips so quickly.
    Have you tried a shelac/gel manicure? My polish used to chip within a day or two and then I discovered the shelac/gel manicure. The polish wears like iron. It does not chip and looks great for 2-3 weeks. The need to change it out is only because my nails have grown out...not because the polish is chipped. It's fantastic!
    DD 07/03
    DD 07/08
    Our family is complete!

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default For fun, what are your personal nail polish 'rules'?

Pre-kids: both polished every week.

Post-kids: if you can see my toenails they are polished. Fingernails are polished if I can find the time to do them but mainly they stay unpolished.

My Nails must match in color. I could never have one color on my toes and a different color on my hands.
    Last edited by jgenie; 04-18-2014 at 03:01 PM.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I rarely do my fingers but always do my toes. My toes are never without polish. I'm not a fan of blue or black but most other colors are ok.

I do like when my fingers are do e but they chip too fast (I don't pay for manicures). I feel like a cheap hooker when my polish is chipped.
    This is me exactly. My rules- no polish on fingers. Ever. I don't like the feel and hate when it chips. Toes are always painted, all year round. Toe nails clipped very short. I prefer pinks and orange polishes- specifically Dutch Tulips in winter, My Chahuahua Bites for summer. Almost always use OPI polishes (I'm not crazy about the Aveda polish Sparitual but love their pedicures so I deal).
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast