Default city mini double-can it separate??

so im renting a city mini double stroller from a company in orlando to use for disney….the question i have and tried to find out online, but wasn't clear.

can that double stroller be "separated" into single stroller if needed? like for instance if my almost 3 year old DS1 wants to go off somewhere with his grandfather while i have my 4 DS2 month old ds in his stroller…can i detach DS1 stroller for grandpa to stroll DS1??

As i'm having doubts on the practicially in having a double stroller.
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Nope, its all one frame. There are only four wheels so it would be interesting to push even if it did separate

I can't think of any strollers with this feature. I think I've seen clips to snap umbrella strollers together but no idea if they work. They seem huge and hard to steer. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00005...&robot_redir=1

For a four month old I'd plan on wearing him in a carrier more than a stroller anyway.

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

no, its just a double stroller only. maybe look into getting 2 single strollers?
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

Quote Originally Posted by mikala View Post
    Nope, its all one frame. There are only four wheels so it would be interesting to push even if it did separate

I can't think of any strollers with this feature. I think I've seen clips to snap umbrella strollers together but no idea if they work. They seem huge and hard to steer. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00005...&robot_redir=1

For a four month old I'd plan on wearing him in a carrier more than a stroller anyway.
    duh! should have known just based on the fact with having 4 wheels only…LOL i guess i'm panicking a bit here, because i have the ergo which i had a chance to use with DS2 over past couple of weeks (it was too cold for us to be out long periods before March!) anyway…he HATED it!!! just like DS1 did. so i really can't see myself carrying DS2 in disney with my ergo when he couldn't even tolerate being in it for 2 hour outing.

i'm going to look into a front carrying carrier and see if DS2 tolerate that better.

Quote Originally Posted by abh5e8 View Post
    no, its just a double stroller only. maybe look into getting 2 single strollers?
    I do have g-luxe stroller i can use for DS1 but am reading online that the city mini stroller isn't that great for a 4 month baby to ride in. A lot of reviews online are saying more like 6-9 month old baby is better in the city mini, so am not sure what's my best mode to transport DS2 now.

all along till now; he's been in my arms, in the infant carrier for riding in cars, quick trips to grocery, and have been using the vista bassinet for long periods of walking (around mall usually) and now he hates the ergo with warmer weather…and i'm so NOT bringing the vista bassinet to disney with us!! am really at a loss with DS2.

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by DualvansMommy View Post
    I do have g-luxe stroller i can use for DS1 but am reading online that the city mini stroller isn't that great for a 4 month baby to ride in. A lot of reviews online are saying more like 6-9 month old baby is better in the city mini, so am not sure what's my best mode to transport DS2 now.

all along till now; he's been in my arms, in the infant carrier for riding in cars, quick trips to grocery, and have been using the vista bassinet for long periods of walking (around mall usually) and now he hates the ergo with warmer weather…and i'm so NOT bringing the vista bassinet to disney with us!! am really at a loss with DS2.
    I used my city mini with DD1 starting at 2 months. I have a valco snap duo and DD2 started sitting in the seat at 3 months when I first started to use it. Both the city and valco recline but both my kids enjoyed being fairly upright even as babies so I don't recline it all the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk