Default Stroller help for friend.

So my friend has two kids, 3.5 and 20 months, pretty much average sized. She has started working out daily and is trying to lose a lot of weight and is really thinking having a decent jogging stroller would help if she can take her kids and go for a jog. She lives near DC and where they live have really bad sidewalks, her current stroller is a Graco Duoglider.

She will be traveling back to MO with her kids on her own often and she would like to be able to get a stroller she can bring to help with the kids in airport, and then be able to jog with once she's "home" so she doesn't always have to find someone to watch the kids when she wants to work out.

She is not training for a marathon or hardcore about running or anything like some people, she's mainly trying to lose weight and has said her "jog" is more like some people's fast walk most likely. So I am thinking maybe a fullblown jogging stroller may not be necessary especially since she would like something she can travel with as well...

What strollers would you recommend? Thank you!!!

She is most likely going to have to buy used I am guessing but which stroller would you recommend she try out?
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

Katigre is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

That is tricky bc any decent jogging stroller won't work in an airport.

If I were her I'd skip the double stroller for the airport bc the 3.5 yo can walk. And then get a decent double jogger once she's in mo.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mom of 4: Boy (10), Girl (7), Boy (4), Girl (2)

We've gate checked a baby jogger double stroller city elite and a BOB. But I would get two strollers if I were her.

Quote Originally Posted by Katigre View Post
    That is tricky bc any decent jogging stroller won't work in an airport.

If I were her I'd skip the double stroller for the airport bc the 3.5 yo can walk. And then get a decent double jogger once she's in mo.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    But then she'd still be flying back to DC with it, because she wants something she can use both places. (They live in DC but her family is here, she is coming back twice this summer for a few weeks each time.) Right now she wears her 20 mo old and pushes the 3.5 year old in a single(Graco) in the airport when she is traveling alone.

I was thinking maybe she should try something like a used City Double because she really only wants to do really light jogging/fast walking with it but I'm not sure how that would be either?
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

The closest I think you're going to get is the BJCM GT. I've taken mine on fast walks/slow jogs on even-ish terrain and it was do-able. It's not too heavy for an airport.

That said, I'd be more inclined to get a craigslist BOB for each location, and use something different for the airport.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Some airlines are very strict about gate checking jogging strollers and even double strollers. She may need to plan on checking the stroller with her luggage if she wants to travel with a double jogging stroller.