Default Monitor, tub and high chair

Ok, I have a few questions in this category:

I read the whole chapter on baby monitors twice and got a huge headache lol. I want a video monitor that is ALSO accessible on ipad/iphone, compatible with mac but has the extra monitor with good quality picture. I looked at summer infant but reviews are so mixed.

High chair: despite the horrendous look of fisher price, I am going for it, looking at exclean from buy buy baby (bnot as bad looking) but wanted feedback on that vs the healthy care (pro's and cons one vs the other)

Tub... Is it better to get a tub that is big and has to mold or better to get a molded one so baby can't slip? But what about when they grow? Does the molding become an issue? thanks

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Motorola has one compatible with cell phones, I believe.

What do you mean about a molded tub?
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'd skip the tub - I did get ours free (hand-me-down from DH's SIL) - wouldn't drive myself crazy over the high chair on a registry (I have nowhere to store anything!) and our WiFi router interfered with our baby monitor, so we didn't end up using it. Of course, when she was ittybitty, DD slept in a bassinet in our room.

Honestly, once a baby can sit up unassisted, you really don't need the infant tub anymore - they can go right into the regular bathtub, as you won't be leaving them alone anyway. And if you want to be extra-conscious of having to store a bulky item like a bathtub, you can either get an inflatable tub (we bought this one for use at my mother's: http://www.diapers.com/p/munchkin-wh...AID=1338636966) or a support sponge (like this: http://www.diapers.com/p/summer-infa...AID=1338715337) so long as you have a place to dry it!
    Last edited by lizzywednesday; 04-22-2014 at 02:29 PM.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBees View Post
    Motorola has one compatible with cell phones, I believe.

What do you mean about a molded tub?
    I mean the one that has edges to hold the legs versus one that doesn't :-)

jam224 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

No experience with the video monitor, so no help there. I've had friends that have been happy with Summer Infant and Motorola, if it helps. Safest bet is to get it from someplace with an excellent return policy (Kohl's and Buy Buy Baby are the best).

I love the Healthy Care Booster. It's easy to clean, travels well, and is cheap. I think it also blends in better with the decor because it sits on a real dining chair. Once DD outgrew the booster seat, I upgraded her to the Tripp Trapp. I also highly recommend the Tripp Trapp once you're ready for the baby to graduate to eating at the table and no longer need a tray.

I'm also confused by what you mean you say "molded." For the newborn phase, I really liked the Puj Tub. It allowed me to bathe DD in the sink without back strain. Once she outgrew that, we got the Primo Eurobath. We used that for the longest time. Personally, I really liked being able to use the smaller tub because it doesn't require as much water to fill up. But do whatever makes you feel most comfortable!
    Jennifer
    SAHM to DD1 (11yo) and DD2 (5yo)

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I agree with Jam the primo is v good if you have space to keep it. We kept it in the tub!
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Quote Originally Posted by jam224 View Post

I'm also confused by what you mean you say "molded." For the newborn phase, I really liked the Puj Tub. It allowed me to bathe DD in the sink without back strain. Once she outgrew that, we got the Primo Eurobath. We used that for the longest time. Personally, I really liked being able to use the smaller tub because it doesn't require as much water to fill up. But do whatever makes you feel most comfortable!
    Yes, the primo eurobat is the one wI was looking at but you know how it's not a smooth bath it has rdges to hold the baby in place? thats what I am talking about :-)

KDsMommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I agree, I love the Primo bath, but it is big!
    Christie
    DS '07
    DSS '09
    DSS '12
    DD1 9/21/14

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by soleil6 View Post
    Yes, the primo eurobat is the one wI was looking at but you know how it's not a smooth bath it has rdges to hold the baby in place? thats what I am talking about :-)
    You don't need the ridges - your hands should never leave Baby while he/she is in the water, so you are supporting him/her all the time. If Baby kicks, you get splashed, no big deal.

Also, if you get a molded tub like you're describing, it will be outgrown really quickly. People rave about the EuroTub because it lasts longer than a few months.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle