Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by StantonHyde View Post
    Ahhhh thanks for posting this!!!! A friend of mine from Brookline ran her first marathon ever as part of a charity team. It's all about overcoming adversity.

In Salt Lake City, last year the SLC marathon was the Saturday after Boston. The SLC marathon offered free entry to anybody who wore their Boston shirts. There were a number of people who did it. I was impressed. It was pouring rain and cold and these people had just run another marathon 5 days earlier. But they did it--just to prove they could and would come back.

AWESOME!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mom_hanna View Post
    I love this. I love Boston and am so glad you feel this way!
    awww, thank you ladies for indulging me!!
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

No as I live on the opposite coast. I might eventually bring myself to do a 1/2 marathon, but first I have to do a 10k and I haven't been actively searching for one and really running isn't my thing.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

lcarlson90 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have so much appreciation for marathon runners. I have been running 10k's and plan to run my first 1/2 in October at the Nike SF run. I don't really see myself ever wanting to run a full marathon but you never know.
    Gavin 7.30.08
    Dylan 2.24.05

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3