Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Boston Marathon- have you run it? Or other big races

My friend just ran it for the first time. It was a long time goal. Me? I don't aspire to that. But, I like to live vicariously through others. Have you run it? If so, how was it? Did you cross that goal off your list or do you want to do it again? Or have you moved on to something else (what?)?

I ran a half marathon and feel pretty good about that. I'll do that again so I can improve my time. Every time I say I have no plans to do more running stuff, I am reminded of my aunt who didn't start running til her late 40s and now has traveled the world doing ultra marathons. She had no plans to ever do something like that so I know never say never!

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I know a few people running the marathon today. it is not easy to qualify for! I admire anyone who even gets to try it, seriously.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

I know! My friend worked for many years to qualify. He just missed it one time.

Not me but my DH runs a half every year for his birthday. He wouldn't qualify for Boston or NYC but I'm impressed with him, considering he just started running a few years ago.
    -Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

Not me, but DH has run 3 and Boston is on his list.

mom_hanna is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Yes, I qualified and ran it in 2010. For me, it was a one time thing though as it is a very expensive trip to do year after year. It is definitely one of a kind, unlike any other marathon i've ever run and I am glad to have gotten the chance to run it!

Congratulations!! What a great accomplishment!

Dh's friend ran it for the 3rd time today. He said last year was his last year but last year he was 2 minutes over 3 hours and that annoyed him. He wanted to come in under 3 hours.

Alas, he finished in 3h and 17seconds! I wonder if he will do it again next year??

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I did the Dublin marathon in 2000. I walked it in 6:43. I was part of Team in Training for the Leukemia Society.
    Kris

I have plans to move up to Olympic distance tris in the next year or so. Then I have dreams of doing a half Iron Man when DD starts driving and is really independent. And the year she leaves for college, I figure I can work out my grief by training for an Iron Man--I will be 58 by then. We'll see how it goes!!!
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

mom_hanna is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Dh's friend ran it for the 3rd time today. He said last year was his last year but last year he was 2 minutes over 3 hours and that annoyed him. He wanted to come in under 3 hours.

Alas, he finished in 3h and 17seconds! I wonder if he will do it again next year??
    hahaha. If it were me, I would have to run it again! Luckily, I am no where near going under 3 hours so that isn't a problem I have!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast