theriviera is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Favorite Cloth Diapers & Accessories?

We went to a cloth diapering class today and I'm really excited to try this out. We are starting with a service, but I want to transition to doing my own laundry around the 2 month mark.

So, what are your favorites?

1. Prefolds
    2. Fitteds
    3. Covers
    4. Pockets
    5. Liners
    6. Flushable Liners
    7. All in ones
    8. Hybrids
    9. Wipes
    10. Detergent
    11. Wet bag (for on the go)
    12. Pail
    13. Pail liner
    14. Accessories I forgot to mention

I'm not sure what I want to move to after the prefolds/covers so I'm hoping this post will help me decide!
    Mama to 3 awesome kids

Simon is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

We started with a service, like you, and then just stuck with prefolds and covers until they PT'd. It was easy peasy, quick to wash and dry, and just all around simple and inexpensive. I did buy a few all in one diapers but was never fond of any of those styles so I just kept getting the next size up in prefolds and covers. I used Bummis Whisper Wraps and the Med and Large sizes lasted me a very long time. Loved those things and they worked great over training underwear when I felt like we needed back-up. We never had trouble with Dh, Babysitters or Grandparents using the prefolds.

We used disposible wipes for the most part so I can't comment much there.
    Ds1 (2006). Ds2 (2010). Ds3 (2012).

jennilynn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

It's probably best to try a variety rather than invest in a bunch of one brand, because different diaper fit babies differently. Prefolds were fine for us in the beginning but after DD started rolling over I could get one on her fast enough. We prefer pockets like Bum Genius or Alvas. They dry fast and feel dry inside (dd can't sleep in a prefold because it feels wet.) plus they are super cute! I have a Planetwise wet bag in the diaper bag. My favorite wipes we made from old receiving blankets and I make my own wipes solution out of Dr. Bronner's soap, olive oil and water. It's easy and cheaper than disposables. Ask away with more questions and I'll try to help!
    Slightly crunchy mama to three awesome monkeys

Just an FYI...check out the pinned post at the top, it has lots of recommendations

Sent from my iPad
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12