Thread: Stroller help!

schums is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Stroller help!

Wow, it's been a LONG time since I've had to thin about strollers!! My brother and SIL are expecting in October (yay!), and I'm helping them out with some research.

They're looking for:
    - a stroller to use from birth (no frame).
    - mostly neighborhood walks (suburban lifestyle), parks, malls, etc.
    - would be nice to be able to do some "off roading", at parks or unpaved trails. No jogging or mountain climbing.
    - my brother is tall (6'4") so an adjustable handle would be nice, but he won't be the primary user.
    - my brother is also a BIG guy (very broad), so they'll likely need a bigger/wider seat for baby.

And the budget is $350 (maybe can push to $400)

Ideas? I know we've got time, but I'd like to start early and maybe be able to find a deal for them!

TIA!
    Sarah
    Mom to Alex (2002) and Catherine (2003)

"The challenge of parenting isn't shaping your kids to be what you want, it's shaping yourself to be what your kids need." - Wellyes

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

The Quinny Buzz Xtra isn't super-broad, but it meets most of your other requirements - I inherited the previous model from my brother (6'5") and SIL (5'8") for a beach vacation and I LOVED it for everyday - even at the mall, though it was a beast in my trunk (I drive a PT Cruiser.)

The previous model (Buzz3) reclined quite flat, so it could be usable from birth without a carseat or bassinet, but I've not yet see the Xtra in person - it specifies using it from birth with an optional bassinet or carseat adaptor. It does have an available adaptor to use it with non-MaxiCosi carseats if that's a concern.

Price seems to vary on whether your search turns up the Buzz3 or the Xtra, but it's at the very top of your range.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

The BJ City Mini GT seems to fit all your criteria including the "nice to haves". We've rented the double and it is niiiice - a SUPER do-it-all stroller.

ebp913 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

BJ Versa. I might add the GT wheels just because I think they are really nice too. Good price point as well and the parent facing seat is great.
    Wild life with 3 under 3... Growing up too fast

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I also vote for bj versa. Live the seat the fold the basket. Its awesome!

Sent from my XT557 using Tapatalk 2
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

KDsMommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Following this thread, I'm also in the market for a new stroller!
    Christie
    DS '07
    DSS '09
    DSS '12
    DD1 9/21/14

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I prefer the Bee to the Versa. It is lighter and I find more manuverable. We use it as our only single stroller and walk all over with it. If you do not care about the reversible feature, I would look at a snap. We have the snap duo and I love it. Easy fold, light, pushes great.