Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    firstbaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Updated in #1 - Trying to not freak out - P&PT for DH please

Update: I'm feeling really hopefully after his appointment with the hematologist today. Yeah! He first spent time talking with DH about how he's been feeling, etc. He then told us he read through the report from his first two CT scans (didn't know about the third from Friday and didn't have that report), but shared with us that the CT scan did not appear to be consistent with what the lymph nodes would look like with lymphoma and that the report did not recommend a biopsy! I was SO happy. One major symptom of lymphoma that DH does not have is the night sweats so that made me feel better too. He is running a CBC, checking his thyroid and a couple of other tests. He's also going to follow up to get the report from the CT scan on Friday. I was crying happy tears at the appointment, but DH seemed really sullen. I asked him why he wasn't more upbeat after the appointment and he said he's so tired of feeling badly, it is really wearing on him. He had a really bad weekend - spent most of it in bed and I skipped my race on Sunday - I couldn't bear to leave him feeling so badly with the kids. The doctor also remarked that DH's tonsils still look red / inflamed so I guess he may have a bad infection that has really stuck. He is allergic to penicillin so the abx he has been prescribed is a second choice. Thank you so so much for all the prayers and positive thoughts. My mind has been in such a dark place the last few days and I felt so encouraged when I would read your posts. I will update once his blood work comes back.

DH had a really nasty case of strep end of February / beginning of March. Did a round of abx and still felt like he had it. Went back to the Dr. and rapid strep test was negative. Sent out culture which came back positive so started second round of abx. Still felt a soreness / tenderness / swollen area in his neck. Went to the ENT about three weeks ago and she did another strep test - negative. She started him on a steroid which he finished. He still felt same neck issue so he went back to his primary. She sent him for CT scan with contrast for his neck and a strange lump he has in his sternum area. Dr's office called today to tell him his lymph nodes are inflamed and they want him to see a hematologist and to do another CT scan with contrast of his abdomen. I am freaking out and don't want to google. What could this be? DH has regular physicals and gets his cholesterol checked a few times a year so I'm trying to remind myself he's had eyes on blood work within the last year. But, his dad has just finished chemo for his cancer coming back and DH has had literally NO ENERGY lately - like zip. Could come home from work and go to bed.
    Last edited by firstbaby; 04-28-2014 at 08:55 PM.

anonomom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Don't know what it is, but sending hugs and lots of PTs
    DC1 -- 2005 DD -- 2009 DS -- 2011

how scary - lots of PT's and hope you get an answer and he is feeling better soon!
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by anonomom View Post
    Don't know what it is, but sending hugs and lots of PTs
    Same here.

Sore throat, lymph nodes, exhaustion could be mono. Not sure about all of the tests. Hope you get easily-treated answers soon!

Momit is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Sending good thoughts your way.
    DS age 9

kdeunc is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Sending good thoughts for your DH! Stay away from google as hard as that might be. It does sound a lot like mono. Hope that it what it turns out to be.
    Kelly

DS 1 12-02
    DS 2 12-04
    DD 07-08

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Hope you get some answers soon.
    My DH had a strange lump in his neck that ended up being a benign tumor. Hopefully your DH has something that is similarly treatable and basically harmless.
    Last edited by elektra; 04-22-2014 at 04:17 PM.
    DD
    DS

P&PT for your DH. Hope it turns out to be nothing.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyBee View Post
    Sore throat, lymph nodes, exhaustion could be mono. Not sure about all of the tests. Hope you get easily-treated answers soon!
    Sounds like classic mono presentation to me. Hope you can get some answers soon! Definitely don't google!!
    K

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast