Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    KDsMommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default What's the latest and greatest in infant seats?

I haven't been in the market for an infant seat in a long time, so I'm a bit out of the loop. I had a Graco SafeSeat for DS1 and liked it, but it was a beast. By about 6 months, it lived in the car and never got taken out. DS1 fit in that seat until about 16-17 months, but I switched him over to a convertible seat at 8 months. With 3 older kids now (we have DH's boys 50% of the time) I anticipate we will be using the infant seat quite a bit.

This will be our last, and we just found out it's a girl!!! We currently have 2 sedans, but will be getting a used minivan very soon, likely an Odyssey.

What are the latest and greatest infant seats these days? We obviously have some time to decide, but I'm a crazy planner and like to research this stuff to death! Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated!
    Christie
    DS '07
    DSS '09
    DSS '12
    DD1 9/21/14

meljc is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Depends on your budget and how fancy you want to get. We loved our Keyfit and the price is totally reasonable. But I've heard good things about the Uppababy Mesa, Nuna Pippa, Cybex Aton Q etc. Those are just really expensive and only used for a year so you have to decide what's important to you.

Katigre is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Chico key fit gets awesome reviews. Any of the seats on here are good.

http://carseatblog.com/carseatblogco...ded-car-seats/

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mom of 4: Boy (10), Girl (7), Boy (4), Girl (2)

Cybex Aton Q is out for sale now! I'm going to pick mine up today and hopefully can convince DH to at least install the base this weekend so I can take a few pictures of the seat in the car. I'm so excited about all the features this seat has to offer... Including the load leg, which I should note to be fair can be found on the Aton 2 seat that is now discounted online.

Magic Beans has a good video preview:

http://mbeans.com/cybex-aton-q-infan...e-release-date
    DS 2014

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We love the KF30 and are using it again for DD2. At the time DD1 was born, the KF30 fit tiny babies better than the Graco seats. However the canopy of the KF30 is extremely wimpy. The newer Graco seats fit tiny babies better and had we needed a new seat and bases, I would have gone with Graco this time.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I second the KF30 but agree that the canopy is very skimpy. I actually put vinyl window-cling sunshades (Eddie Bauer brand: http://www.amazon.com/Eddie-Bauer-Pa.../dp/B005123EHI) on my rear windshield and DD's window to ensure that the sun didn't bother her too much.

The biggest drawback to the KF is that it's around 10lbs without the baby.

Also, I feel that the fabric is a bit scratchy if you don't wash it before the first use.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

KDsMommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

What about the Britax B-Safe? I'm looking at the BJ City Versa stroller and like the way the B-Safe can be used with it with just the small attachments. Keyfit and Snugride appear to need a larger, more cumbersome adaptor.
    Christie
    DS '07
    DSS '09
    DSS '12
    DD1 9/21/14

I have the b-safe and like it decently enough. I might like it more if ds2 wasn't a carseat hater, but it's nit the seats fault. He hates the roundabout too.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

ebp913 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

If your budget is umlimited, I like the Nuna Pipa and Cybex Aton Q a lot. At a lower price point, I love our Keyfit. I really really want an Aton Q for this new baby but unfortunately it's hard to justify when I have a perfectly good infant seat at my house.
    Wild life with 3 under 3... Growing up too fast

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I had a Keyfit30 and loved it, but yes, the sunshade is a joke! Also, DS2 outgrew it by height at only 9 months and I really wanted something to last till at least a year.

I'd LOVE a Nuna Pippa if there was ever a #3. That load leg and dream shade are awesome!!! Swoon!

http://www.nuna.eu/USA/pipa
    Last edited by essnce629; 04-24-2014 at 07:57 PM.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast