Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Momit View Post
    OK, I've watched the first 2 episodes and I really like it. I even love the intro and music with the people dancing around on Craigh Na Dun. It's like watching a movie instead of a TV show. But I'm anxious for Jamie and Claire to get some action! I forgot how long the buildup is in the book, waiting for it on the show is torture!

I'm also curious about those podcasts.
    Yay! Another member of Clan BBB!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by azazela View Post
    The podcasts can be found here: http://www.starz.com/originals/outlander/extras/extras. Enjoy!

ETA: Ron Moore did these for every episode of Battlestar Galactica apparently and will continue doing them for Outlander as well, or so he says. I know that most DVDs come with all sorts of extra commentary features but there have never been another movie or show where I have been interested in this sort of thing.
    Thank you, can't wait to re-watch the latest ep with this podcast! I am one of those people who really love the commentary track, especially with Joss Whedon on those extra culty episodes of his cult series. Like OMWF. So, I'm going to be all over this like a cheap suit.
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

azazela is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    Yay! Another member of Clan BBB!!!!!

Thank you, can't wait to re-watch the latest ep with this podcast! I am one of those people who really love the commentary track, especially with Joss Whedon on those extra culty episodes of his cult series. Like OMWF. So, I'm going to be all over this like a cheap suit.
    I may regret asking this but is there Joss Whedon commentary for Firefly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Anna, mommy to DD 11/06 and DS 3/10

Momit is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

All caught up now. I feel like I missed something in episode 3 - it seemed that one minute Mrs. Fits was calling Claire a witch and the next minute she was helping Claire dress and asking for her help with the "possessed" little boy. I have no memory of this part in the book, when Claire confesses to Mrs. Fitz before anyone else knows.
    DS age 9

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

That was a Claire daydreaming what would happen if she confessed. It didn't actually happen. (And it wasn't in the book either.)

I have to admit that whole sequence I could barely understand what Mrs. Fitz was saying.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Quote Originally Posted by egoldber View Post
    That was a Claire daydreaming what would happen if she confessed. It didn't actually happen. (And it wasn't in the book either.)

I have to admit that whole sequence I could barely understand what Mrs. Fitz was saying.
    Ah, ok. That makes sense. And ITA about having a hard time understanding the accent. Definitely makes it more authentic, though.
    DS age 9

Apparently Diana Gabaldon has a guest appearance in an upcoming episode.
    DS age 9

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm definitely having a hard time understanding of the accent. Yes very authentic, so that's OK with me, but... Damn.
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

I am officially obsessed with this show. Now I now how Trekkies feel - I have never gotten into a TV show like I have with this one.

After watching an episode a day for the last 3 days, I needed my Outlander fix last night so I watched episode 1 again with the podcast. Loved his commentary and insights. And there's a really cool story behind the theme music, which I love. Thanks for the link to the podcasts, PP.
    DS age 9

Quote Originally Posted by Momit View Post
    I am officially obsessed with this show. Now I now how Trekkies feel - I have never gotten into a TV show like I have with this one.

After watching an episode a day for the last 3 days, I needed my Outlander fix last night so I watched episode 1 again with the podcast. Loved his commentary and insights. And there's a really cool story behind the theme music, which I love. Thanks for the link to the podcasts, PP.
    Same here, it's slightly embarrassing. I don't know what I'm going to do with myself once my free time gets drastically cut short next week as the school year starts. I mean I might only have time to watch each episode once... The horror! Glad you are enjoying the podcasts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So... thoughts on episode 4?

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast