Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hi all, so it's been awhile since I was asking about the City Mini stroller, and I'm nearly on the verge of buying it...but literally just saw it in person and was looking at adaptors, and now I"m not sure what to do. Would you advise getting a new Chicco stroller (our old one is broken) to use with our carseat once our second little one arrives, or getting the City mini with an adaptor? I read some scary reviews about the adaptors..not "snapping in" or the carseat falling off the stroller, depending on the model. I don't see Chicco listed as one of the compatible models but I thought others on here said it worked with their chicco car seats.

Also, someone at my work is selling a used city mini (she said she bought it in 2012) for $40 in good condition. I have yet to look at it, but for anyone here that has a 2011 or 2012 City Mini--does the carseat adaptor work well on that model? Do the newer models have better features? $40 seemed like a steal to me, but wanted to make sure! I'm always leery about buying baby products used, especially since it'll be used for our new baby/carseat.

Oh, and how does this compare to the Britax B Agile? That seems to get a lot of great reviews! I forgot to look at that one in the store..

Thanks!
    Last edited by AnimalBabe; 07-30-2014 at 12:54 PM.

Katigre is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

The 2012 City Mini is an AWESOME year/model - they didn't even change anything for the 2013 compared to the 2012. It's the model we bought earlier this year and we love it. I don't know anything about the adapters though you could call them directly and ask .
    Mom of 4: Boy (10), Girl (7), Boy (4), Girl (2)

An update--I bought the City Mini, not the GT version. Just got delivered and used it for the first time yesterday. I am so regretting not getting the GT version!!! I knew within 5 mins that I should have gotten that one, and looked on amazon and now the 2012 GT model they were selling for $230 (only $60 more than the one I got) is not on there, ugh!!! Only the most recent version I guess for over $300. My husband was being a cheapo and didn't want me to buy the GT, but now he (a little over 6 ft tall) agreed the handles could be higher, and says "it's just ok." At least his stride doesn't kick the back like it did on our other stroller, but still. Even my son's little 4 yr old legs are a bit too long for the seat and when the canopy is closed his head brushes the top already. I'm so depressed. So, whomever reads this-my opinion, get the GT if you can afford it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2