Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Anyone done a birthday party at California Pizza Kitchen?

I just booked one there after seeing some local recommendations. Curious if anyone here has done one? If so, what did you do as far as favors? I'm thinking apron's w/ the kids names on them OR aprons with fabric markets they can decorate while there if there's downtime. Maybe a mini rolling pin with the invite?

I just googled CPK birthday parties a few hours ago. I will be following this thread. OP, how,old is your DC? Mine are turning 6, I wonder if that's a good age?
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I did for older DD's 9th. All the kids had a great time. We actually went to a movie afterwards, and the favor was the book that the movie was based on.

But maybe a kid's pizza cook book? Or just a kid cookbook could be a good idea. We never wear aprons, so that wouldn't get much use at our house.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

This is going to be 4 year olds! They all have a "bounce" party the day before so this will be different! Beth it's funny I did see an old post of yours when I googled for CPK parties!

Aishe is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We did one for dd's 7th birthday. It was a big hit. Everyone especially loved the kitchen tour. I didn't do anything thematic for party favors. I found a great deal on sets of Shrinky Dinks so that's what we gave. But for a while I was considering pizza-related books. For that age group this Curious George book would be cute:

http://www.amazon.com/Curious-George...keywords=pizza

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DS just went to one, and he loved it. I thought it was really well-done. The kitchen tour was the hit. I'm always one for silkscreened t-shirts, but I think aprons would be a nice giveaway in this case, too.
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

dhano923 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by LD92599 View Post
    This is going to be 4 year olds! They all have a "bounce" party the day before so this will be different! Beth it's funny I did see an old post of yours when I googled for CPK parties!
    Our CpK won't do parties for children under 6. My SIL looked into it for her sons 5th bday coming up in August and they said they won't do kids under 6 for liability reaons. You may want to confirm with your local Restaurant just in case!

DD went to a friends 7th birthday there and loved it. They made their own pizzas for lunch. They didn't get favors though.
    Mom to:
    DS 10/03
    DD 11/05

Anyone who's been to one/had one, what was the cake situation? Can you bring your own in? Cake is verrry important to DDs.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Aishe is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    Anyone who's been to one/had one, what was the cake situation? Can you bring your own in? Cake is verrry important to DDs.
    They serve the kids ice cream sundaes, but you can also bring in a cake.

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We wanted to do one based on recs here but out local CPK doesn't do them!! If they did, it would have been a great and relatively inexpensive party to do compared to what the other places here charge, especially for the limited number of kids that we were planning on inviting
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast