Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    KDsMommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Reviving and old thread! I'm considering this for DS1 and DSS3's party next month. DS1 and his buddies would love it and DSS3 would sorta be along for the ride.

My question is around food for the adults. Did you provide food for the parents/adults? The cost of the kids is pretty inexpensive, but I could see the cost getting pretty $$$ if we provide meals for all the adults present. DH has a largeish extended family, and at least some of them will come. Is it ok to just provide cake for the adults?
    Christie
    DS '07
    DSS '09
    DSS '12
    DD1 9/21/14

Quote Originally Posted by KDsMommy View Post
    Reviving and old thread! I'm considering this for DS1 and DSS3's party next month. DS1 and his buddies would love it and DSS3 would sorta be along for the ride.

My question is around food for the adults. Did you provide food for the parents/adults? The cost of the kids is pretty inexpensive, but I could see the cost getting pretty $$$ if we provide meals for all the adults present. DH has a largeish extended family, and at least some of them will come. Is it ok to just provide cake for the adults?
    We went to a CPK birthday party recently and food was only provided for the kids. Birthday cake is for all.

KDsMommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by anatolia View Post
    We went to a CPK birthday party recently and food was only provided for the kids. Birthday cake is for all.
    Hmmmmm...need to mull this over. DH's hispanic family is very big on food! I need to ask him his thoughts on that.
    Christie
    DS '07
    DSS '09
    DSS '12
    DD1 9/21/14

Quote Originally Posted by KDsMommy View Post
    Hmmmmm...need to mull this over. DH's hispanic family is very big on food! I need to ask him his thoughts on that.
    The mother ordered drinks for everyone including the parents. The parents can order their own food if they want, but the parents have to pay for their food. At the party, my DH and another family order food for themselves. Both families got their own separate check (separate from the birthday check). All the parents seem fine with no food for the adults. Another point to consider is the timing of the party. The party started at 10:30am, so there was lesser expectation of food for adults.

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Only one time ever I didn't provide food for the parents when I expected them to stay. I think you should provide it if your expectation is that the parents stay and it's not a drop off party. The reason I didn't provide is cuz it was at Potbelly's, all the kids got boxed lunches. I provided free drink and chips to the each parent staying, but they had to get their own sandwiches. I didn't feel good about that. Never did it again.

At a pizza party, I esepcially would not skimp on providing pizza for the parents. Get their cheapest option if you have to. But my advice is don't have a non-drop off party wtih a meal and then not feed the very people you are telling can't leave.
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

When we did our party it was drop off. I don't think it's a great location for a more extended family type party.

At these parties, the kids make their own pizzas, which are then fired in the oven while the kids take a tour of the restaurant. So timing of food for adults could also be tricky.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2