Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

"The Infertility Cure" by Dr. Randine Lewis is a great source of information for supplements. It really helped me select which ones to take and it gives very detailed explanations of what they do and which ones to take together (or not). Good luck!

TxCat is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I saw an acupuncturist and feel like it helped. He did recommend supplements, including a lot of the ones already mentioned (B6, DHEA, and fish oil capsules) and he also made some common sense recommendations like getting more sleep (even if it just meant going to bed 30-60 minutes earlier a night). Of the supplements, I think DHEA had the most compelling evidence behind it. I also used OPK's and charted with the Kindara app.
    DD1 10/2010
    DD2 8/2013
    And expecting DS1 10/2016

Sweetum is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

That's a lot of good information, thanks, everyone.

Mopey is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Can someone recommend brands & dosages for all these please?
    Mom to Miss Mopey! 3/12 & Baby Boy GoGo! 7/15

"Be kinder than necessary. Everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Another thing to note - gluten sensitivity also impacts infertility

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Mopey View Post
    Can someone recommend brands & dosages for all these please?
    Honestly, it depends what you are taking and what you are taking it for.

For example, I have long, irregular cycles and typically don't ovulate on my own. I took soy isoflavones for 5 days like clomid and it worked perfectly, I ovulated and got pregnant that cycle. I use vitex to bring my cycle back while I was still bf'ing DS1. But both soy and especially vitex could really screw your cycle up if you are regularly ovulating. (for soy iso i just got them from walmart. i think nature's made.)

I would just be very careful, just because it's a supplement and sold over the counter doesn't mean it can't screw things up if you are taking things you don't need. (I have been to an RE and while they roll their eyes about me self medicating with soy iso they also admit it works. But I know my issue and take stuff for that specifically.)
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

Mopey is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AngB View Post
    Honestly, it depends what you are taking and what you are taking it for.

For example, I have long, irregular cycles and typically don't ovulate on my own. I took soy isoflavones for 5 days like clomid and it worked perfectly, I ovulated and got pregnant that cycle. I use vitex to bring my cycle back while I was still bf'ing DS1. But both soy and especially vitex could really screw your cycle up if you are regularly ovulating. (for soy iso i just got them from walmart. i think nature's made.)

I would just be very careful, just because it's a supplement and sold over the counter doesn't mean it can't screw things up if you are taking things you don't need. (I have been to an RE and while they roll their eyes about me self medicating with soy iso they also admit it works. But I know my issue and take stuff for that specifically.)
    Thanks for this Ang! I've stuck to a prenatal and folic like last time. Multi for my hubby but will try that caffeine rec! I did also pick up an ovulation kit as I really thought last month would have been a go. Might not know my bod as well as I thought. Fingers crossed
    Mom to Miss Mopey! 3/12 & Baby Boy GoGo! 7/15

"Be kinder than necessary. Everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2