kep is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default iPhone issues- can anyone help me out?

So, my cell phone was dunked several times in the dog's water bowl by a certain 2 year old. Now my sound is only working occasionally. Obviously this is a huge problem. We have a monthly warranty through Verizon Wireless, but I am pretty sure they don't cover water damage. Ugh. Totally going with AppleCare next time. If Verizon will not replace my phone, what are my options? I am not up for an upgrade until October. I currently have a 4S. Is there somewhere to buy a refurbished phone and switch my SIM card over?
    Kelli
    Mom to 5 amazing kids (5 to 17 years)
    Mom of a cleft lip & palate warrior

HipMama is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Take off your case and put the whole phone in a bowl of rice. It should suck out the moisture. It might take a day or so.

Then try your insurance.

If that fails, you could try buying one off of FB BST groups. Make sure it is a verizon phone. And you can take the SIM card out of an iphone as they don't open. I see them selling for about $100-$150.

kep is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

The damage actually occurred several months ago. The phone has worked fine up until the last week or so. And I'm pretty sure the SIM comes out...I had to replace my phone last year, and they had me transfer it to the new phone. You have to use a paper clip to pop out the card.
    Kelli
    Mom to 5 amazing kids (5 to 17 years)
    Mom of a cleft lip & palate warrior

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Right there w you! Mine fell into iced coffee w milk. Sound is sporadic. Of course, my Square Trade warranty expired in January. (FYI- compare Apple Care and Square Trade next time bc dh picked Square for me bc Apple didn't cover water damage to the same extent. That could have changed.). I did rice but I think bc mine was coffee and milk, things got sticky too. I'm still trying to decide what to do. Luckily I'm out of contract w Verizon so I have lots of options.