Default Diono Cambria, is it worth waiting?

I've read about the above car seat and it looks great, but when will it be out? Is it worth waiting?

ZeeBaby is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Waiting for it as well. DD2 will be 5 in October so we have time, but I was hoping to get it around her bday.
    DD1 6/08
    DD2 10/09

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

This looks like a really nice high-back booster. Mine are almost 6 and still in their radians (and not anywhere close to outgrowing them), but they are getting close to the limit of our Safety 1st Avenues in our secondary car, so was thinking of going ahead and purchasing booster seats for that car (Subaru Forester).

Does anyone know how wide these are? If we used them in our primary car (Honda Odyssey), would they be too wide for someone to sit in the plus one seat between the captain's chairs?

They didn't even bring one to the last carseat conference I went to...I'd have been all over measuring it for you guys!
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

Quote Originally Posted by Joolsplus2 View Post
    They didn't even bring one to the last carseat conference I went to...I'd have been all over measuring it for you guys!
    Bummer, LOL!!!!

Sorry for the hijack, OP...but Jools can you recommend a good high-back booster for our secondary car (2005 Subaru Forester)? It's be nice if they were easy to move because we often move car seats between our Subaru and my mom's Lexux RXsomething or other. We'll worry about the boosters for our primary car (Honda Odyssey) once they outgrow the Radians...which could be forever, LOL. My girls are almost 6yo, 38-40 pounds, and 42-44 inches (One twin is a good 2 inches shorter than the other!)

They're currently in Safety 1st Avenues in the Forester which is getting really tight in terms of shoulder room even though they are still within the limits of the seat.

Maybe you could do Parkways now in the subie, and then move the PW's to the main car and get backlesses for the subie when the Radians are outgrown?
    Julie

Quote Originally Posted by Joolsplus2 View Post
    Maybe you could do Parkways now in the subie, and then move the PW's to the main car and get backlesses for the subie when the Radians are outgrown?
    Oh that's something I hadn't thought of! Would a small adult still be able to use the middle seat in the Ody with 2 parkways installed in the captain seats?

I should think so, they aren't really huge, and don't leave the real estate of the captain's chair they are on
    Julie

I just checked Diono's FB page. They are expecting the first shipment of Cambrias to arrive in their warehouse in MID-AUGUST!!!

Yikes! I might actually wait that long. The girls rarely ride in the Subie anyway and if they do, they can use their RSTVs. I need to weight them tonight. I think they're coming up on 40 lbs but may not be there yet so we may still have a bit of life left in the Avenues.

Jools I know you have your hands on one! Measurements when you have time, pretty please