jray is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Cool Small Trunk in SUV (+4 kids), BJ Vue or MP Armadillo?

I bought the BJ Versa with the adorable bassinet for my baby (due any day now!) However, I still would like something as a second stroller that's super compact and light(er) weight for when we (1) vacation, and (2) have family outings where we're all in the SUV at the same time.

My SUV has a tiny trunk when all the seats are in use. I think I can get the BJ Versa to work if I take all the wheels off, but what a pain every time! We're also going on vacation in October (baby will be 3 months old). Here's my thought process on my top contenders:

Baby Jogger Vue
    I originally tried this out at BBB and decided against it because the canopy was kind of confusing for me and the steering wasn't as great as I had expected. However, I've since revisited it because I do love Baby Joggers, the reversible seat option, generous canopy, and it's 10 lbs lighter than the versa. The fold wasn't super compact, but I think I could squish it down there. Folds like an umbrella stroller.

Mamas and Papas Armadillo
    OMG, it reminds me of the Bee and is the cutest stroller in the world. I haven't had a chance to play with it in person, but it looks like a very compact fold. Also has a great sun canopy for our vacation. I have never owned (or even seen in person) a Mamas and Papas stroller, so I'm not familiar with the company as much. Also 10 lbs lighter than the versa, but only faces outward...unless I use with my infant car seat. Comes with rain canopy, too. Folds flat.

I could get a Vue for around $199 w/ 20% discount, and I've seen Armadillo for $229 lately. So thoughts? Dying for input from my stroller gals!
    Last edited by jray; 06-29-2014 at 01:16 PM.
    Me DH + 4 kiddos (10, 9, 7, and baby boo)

Philly Mom is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

If you are considering forward facing, which makes sense to me as a second stroller, I would look at city mini or valco snap. Both are compact with a relatively good push. I have a city mini and snap duo and a bee. I like all 3 and each have their purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk