♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Wink paleo/LC cherry crisp recipe!

one thing i love about summer is that it's cherry season! i love cherries (and my kids LOVE them too, they both could seriously eat their weight in fresh cherries) but i always hate having to buy such a huge bag of them and hurrying to eat them all before they go bad. i wanted to use up a lot of them to make some sort of cherry pie/cherry crisp, but i eat paleo/gluten-free & dairy-free so i options are obviously limited. so i finally found this recipe for a paleo/ cherry crisp and made it today. I know a number of ppl here are GF/paleo so I had to share. I did have to go to two different stores to find hemp seed (and it was $9 for a bag) but it was so worth it!!

http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2012...-crisp_19.html

I followed the recipe to the letter, put no sweetener at all in it except after they were done baking, i drizzled some maple syrup on them, which for me was just the right amount (most desserts are too sweet for me). I thought it was pretty good.. and even my DH kept saying it was so good (and that is saying A LOT..he is Mr. All-American, who scoffs at anything paleo or gluten-free bc unless it's canned, super-processed and has HFCS or red-dye, "it can't be any good"..lol). It was really good though..between the four of us we ate half of it tonite. So anyway, just thought i would share. It was fairly easy to make, except for having to manually depit 3 cups of cherries with a knife (I just ordered a bulk cherry pitter from Amazon..hehe).
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 06-29-2014 at 10:59 PM.

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

bumping this bc i just made it again as DH bought 3 lbs (!) of cherries from Costco. this time, i had a cherry pitter, and that made things a ton easier! and i already had the hemp seed which i really don't know what else to use it for. but then both kids were "helping" me make it so that took longer.