Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Uses for large longaberger basket

Years ago one Christmas, we suggested MIL get us a picnic set, a compact backpack set. Instead we got a longaberger basket and she put cups/plates etc in it. We've never used it as picnic basket as it's just not practical for picnic at the beach/or hiking somewhere. We take food in a cooler bag and use paper plates. Though if we had a compact picnic set like we asked for, we would probably use that! The cups/plates are now in our camping equipment.

Anyways, it's taking up an entire shelf in the cabinet in the garage, never been used, I want to find a use for it. It was $120 and DH doesn't want to get rid of it - who pays that much for a basket?! Wish I didn't ask him about it, so it could have find it's way into the Goodwill pile

http://us.longaberger.com/pls/ngs/ng...tegory_id=4788

I don't have room in a bathroom to roll/stack towels in it. Gah.
    Last edited by niccig; 07-04-2014 at 05:46 AM.

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

That one looks much larger then ours. We use it for a bread basket.
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Book basket beside a living room/familyroom chair? I have a friend who is a avid knitter hers keeps her yarn & knitting. My mother has one and uses it every time she goes to an event ( she always makes pies) Could one of the kids use it in their room?
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

library books so they don't get lost in the house
    do you have a pet? leashes etc?
    art basket (crayons and markers)?

as you can tell I don't really know how big it is
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Everyone has good suggestions....I would just say if you want to get rid of it you could probably eBay it. I think they sort of hold their value. At least I have always hoped that. I went through a phase about 15 years ago where I bought quite a few and I have always told myself I could resell them...I'm not 100% sure it's true! I don't actually think I use a single one of them right now!
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

I agree with PP to eBay or CL it instead of goodwill. I think eBay would be better, because their fan base is not in SoCal. If that's not an option, would you consider trying to return it? They have things other than crazy-huge picnic baskets. Maybe they'll take it back and give you a credit?
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

lele is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

I have something kind of similar that I keep crochet supplies in.
    Lele, mom to 3

Momit is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We keep extra blankets in a large basket. Not sure how many blankets you have/need where you are though.

Maybe magazines or craft supplies?
    DS age 9

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

PPs had great ideas. I might use it for library books if it was me. Another thought: can you keep it in your car and store supplies in it? For instance, beach towels, picnic blankets, earthquake supplies, or that sort of thing.. or even keep bags with your store returns (or maybe that's just me lol). You could then close the lid and put other stuff on top of it. It is definitely too nice for that purpose, but at this point at least it would be used!

Or maybe board games or ds's toys (one specific type)? We keep blocks and the like in fancy baskets so they look better in the playroom, and I have some storage ottomans that I use for board games.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Thanks for all the ideas. Books, magazines, blankets could work. I do need to find a use for it. DH wants to keep it and I want it out of the garage. Turns out it cost more than $120. That's just the basket, the lid and the plastic liner were extra!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast