Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Honestly, I would never ever ever ever EVER consider not going with a garage. I would rebuild it.
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I can't imagine not having a garage. I wish I had a 3 or 4 car garage after this past winter! Take into account the fact that our winters are very harsh which is hard on cars. It's a way to protect your investment if you have a new car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I can't imagine not having a garage either - we are in a cold climate with lots of snow and it would add significant extra time to our mornings to brush off our cars and/or move them for snow removal. That being said, we have lots of neighbors that fill their garages with other stuff and park outside.

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We wouldn't consider a home without a garage. We need the storage and DH likes to park inside.

We recently sold our house (with garage) to move out of state, and now live in a rental with no garage. One of the things we miss the most that a shed would not solve for us - a place for DH to build things/fix things/a large space for painting furniture and other things DH has built. For now we keep all of his tools and building supplies in a storage room in the house and pull it out whenever he needs it, but it's a pain!
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

bigsis is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I must have a garage....
    Lea

Mom to:
    DD 8/2003
    DS 11/2005

I can tell you that when we were searching for our current house we only looked at homes with garages, and reluctantly looked when they only had a 1 car garage. We have a detached 2 car garage and we park in it all.the.time. We also have a lot of storage shelves. We have cold, snowy winters so I wouldn't want to be without a garage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Daniele
    mama to
    dd1 watching over her brothers and sister from Heaven
    ds1 13 years old
    dd2 10 years old
    ds2 6 years old
    Placenta Increta/c-hyst survivor

onyx8 is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

I could not live without a garage we have a extra deep 2 car attached and park 2 cars in it daily, along with lots of kid toys, lawn mower, yard tools, bikes, generator, snow blower, you name it.

We have a one-car garage, and we use it for storage. It's really too narrow to try to squeeze a car into. Around here, at a certain price point, most houses have garages unless they are in an historical area. However, our budget was below that price point, so we looked at plenty of houses with no garages, one-car garages and a handful with two-car garages (our neighbor to the right has a two-car, our neighbor to the left doesn't have one at all). In the end, we like having it. But it sounds like it's not really a big deal for you. I would knock it down and not worry about it. I would eventually rebuild it if every other house in your neighborhood has one. If it's a mix, like in mine, it might be OK not to rebuild it.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2