Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MamaMolly View Post
    Hmmm it's been a while but I'd have to say I'd look for it in art supplies, with the drawing paper, etc. Just a blank spiral bound book, right? Michaels has a lot but this was the cheapest: http://www.michaels.com/artists-loft.../10128145.html
    Thanks, I took another look at Walmart in the art supplies aisle and today they had something similar to this there (and also had a stash of them in the school supply area).
    http://www.amazon.com/Pacon-Products...con+art+sketch

They were "pricey" at $4.xx per book, so I'm gonna wait to see if they run a sale on them. Good to know Michaels has something similar!

One of the employees at Walmart did tell me that she has seen unruled composition books but hasn't seen them yet this year...so they do exist. I'm with a PP that if they come out and on sale, I'll be getting several because my kids would LOVE those!! They already discovered the stash of supplies I've been putting together and begged for a primary composition book of their own, LOL, so I picked up a couple extra at Walmart.

ZeeBaby is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Does anyone know what twisted ziplocks are?
    DD1 6/08
    DD2 10/09

rlu is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBaby View Post

I'm guessing these http://www.ziploc.com/Products/Pages...ontainers.aspx
    Does that make sense in your context?
    DS Mar04, 8th grader. Life Scout. Being read Flash the Homeless Donkey.
    GoldPup (golden retriever born Dec14); Big Boy Dog (1997 - 2008); Little Girl Dog (1997 - 2005); two 10-yo (2007-2017) huge goldfish we can no longer find in MIL's fish pond
    Go Sharks! Go Mirai, Nathan, the Shib Sibs and Team USA
    Recently read The Hate U Give (highly recommend) and The Noel Diary (ok, light). Starting A Dog Named Boo.
    Pooh - "It's a beautiful day." Eeyore - "Not from where I'm sitting." Pooh - "Try standing next to me." From The Best Bear in All the World, Spring.

ZeeBaby is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by rlu View Post
    I'm guessing these http://www.ziploc.com/Products/Pages...ontainers.aspx
    Does that make sense in your context?
    Not sure honestly. It is supposed to be for crayons. I guess those would work.
    DD1 6/08
    DD2 10/09

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    Walmart BY FAR has the BEST prices for those who don't want to put a lot of effort into finding sales!
    This is good to know. DD1 is having a huge surgery next week and will be in the hospital for several weeks followed by a lengthy recovery at home, so I really need to get shopping done this week. I loathe WM but I think I might have to make an exception and go there this week.

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The only "weird" item on our list is a Cursive Writing Tablet. I'm hoping once I hit Walmart or Target something will jump out at me as a Cursive Writing Tablet. (I'm just not sure what makes a writing tablet a CURSIVE one.)
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

The artists' sketch books at Target DO go on sale during the BTS time. I always buy some for gifts/home use.

Where's the best place to buy crayola glue sticks? I need 4 and amazon is expensive.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zukeypur View Post
    This is good to know. DD1 is having a huge surgery next week and will be in the hospital for several weeks followed by a lengthy recovery at home, so I really need to get shopping done this week. I loathe WM but I think I might have to make an exception and go there this week.
    ME TOO!!! HATE Walmart but after doing school supply shopping there, I love it for that. They had nearly everything including name brand stuff. Shop now though - I have heard that in August they start selling out of the name brand stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by klwa View Post
    The only "weird" item on our list is a Cursive Writing Tablet. I'm hoping once I hit Walmart or Target something will jump out at me as a Cursive Writing Tablet. (I'm just not sure what makes a writing tablet a CURSIVE one.)
    Hmm, interesting. I didn't see anything that would've jumped out at me as a "Cursive Writing Tablet".

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    The artists' sketch books at Target DO go on sale during the BTS time. I always buy some for gifts/home use.
    Good to know, I will keep an eye out!

Quote Originally Posted by dream135 View Post
    Where's the best place to buy crayola glue sticks? I need 4 and amazon is expensive.

Thanks
    Walmart had the Elmers glue sticks (not sure I saw Crayola glue) You can get an 8-pack of the BIG 0.77 oz Elmers sticks, for less than $1.50/stick. They had the smaller sizes too.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBaby View Post
    I'm LOL at this...this would be on my "ask at meet-the-teacher night" list. But I'd be super duper tempted to bring...twisted Ziplock bags...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast