Pilotbaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Pot Roast in a crock pot question

I am making my first ever pot roast today. I pan seared it and put it in the crockpot cream of mushroom soup and some other ingredients. Our crock pot is really large and the liquid only goes up about half way at most. Is it ok to cook it like this or is the meat supposed to be completely covered? I am not a meat eater at all and not much of a crock pot user and it doesn't say in the directions Thank you!

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think it should be fine. In fact, more liquid and juices develop as it slow cooks. So you should see more liquid than at the start once it is slow cooking.
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

This..... Sometimes there is barely any liquid in the bottom but once it cooks the juices will make it look a lot more
    Quote Originally Posted by MMMommy View Post
    I think it should be fine. In fact, more liquid and juices develop as it slow cooks. So you should see more liquid than at the start once it is slow cooking.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

I put a pork loin in my crockpot the other day with zero liquid and ended up with a ton....it will definitely be fine.
    Christina
    DD 9/04
    DS 7/09