Default Advances in straw sippies?

With DD1 we used Playtex straw cups after bottles. Anything new or better out now?

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Bumping because we're probably going to introduce a straw soon. We used Playtex too and were happy, but I see that Munchkin has some new ones out now.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

jam224 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DD's first straw cup was the Zoli Bot, which we loved. It's not totally leakproof, however, so we always had to make sure it was upright in the diaper bag. A couple of my mommy friends have the Foogo Straw Cup, which is insulated, so it's a good choice for serving milk. I'm not sure how leakproof it is though.
    Jennifer
    SAHM to DD1 (11yo) and DD2 (5yo)

Nechums is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I've never seen a perfect straw sippy cup. They all leak or splash milk in my experience. The Foogo is the only one I've seen that doesn't leak, but it's hard for new sippy cup drinkers to open and hold them without assistance.
    Proud mom to
    DS1, Sept 2008
    DS2, Apr 2011
    DD, Oct 2012

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I've had really good experiences with the Vital Baby cups. Easy to clean and very few leaks. I started with the take and toss straw cups to help baby learn how to use a straw without a valve and then switched to these at 8 or 9 months. I mostly used them with water but they seemed to clean up fine with milk too.

http://www.amazon.com/Vital-Baby-Tod...ps+with+straws

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We really like the Zoli bot straw sippy - love the handles, the silicon straw, very lightweight and non-smelly plastic, kid-friendly, weighted straw (ingenious!) goes all the way down to the bottom so the kid can actually finish the beverage without tilting and trying to extract those last sips. Beverage actually tastes as it should - there is no smell, and the straw is soooo much better than those weird, thick attached straws in so many of the sippy cups out there, which seem to alter the taste as well.

Cons: if you fill it or tighten it too much, the liquid will overflow through the straw - so don't overfill it! Plus if you have a biter, I'm not sure how resilient the straw is to teeth - we got this when DD2 was older (embarrassed to say she still uses it at 4 even though she is perfectly capable of using a regular cup). You can buy replacement straws but they add up - and at $12, the cup itself isn't cheap.
    Last edited by citymama; 07-28-2014 at 02:15 PM.

for Sandy Hook