bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Need two new seats. Help me solve this puzzle!

I need two new seats.

1. I'm looking for one really flexible convertible car seat as an extra for DH's car. It needs to accommodate my nearly 3yo and my 8mo. I'm thinking the Graco Size4me (or my size) that I recently bought for the grandparents. I like it and so do they. It seems versatile and is inexpensive! Anyone have anything better or cheaper? It will only get occasional use.

2. I also need another car seat for my Odyssey. I'm not sure if I should get another convertible or a combo. It is for either of my two littlest riders. DS3 will be 3 very soon. I plan to turn him FF. He is quite average height and weighs less than 30 pounds. DD is 8mo and 75 percentile for height. She technically fits just fine in her Graco SR35.

Both kids fit in my Radian, which still has 3 more years until it expires, so I'm keeping that. Both SPOTS for the kids in my van, require very narrow seats! DD will be installed RF on the plus one seat of my Odyssey. DS3 will be on the passenger side of the 3rd row. I'd like to be able to use the entire third row!

Which scenario would you do: RN for DS3 and a narrow convertible for DD? Or RN for DD and a narrow COMBO for DS3? Which seat would you recommend?

Love the size 4 me/my size/headwise, grab another one, it's terrific for a DH car. So versatile! (There's a similar one called the 'Contender' at walmart, maybe other places, it's almost as nice, but you'd want to use the LATCH for RF and the seatbelt for FF, it doesn't have two sets of LATCH like the Size's).

Hmmm... not sure about the Ody, you might put the RN FF in the third row and get another mysize or Radian for the baby in the plus one seat. Both should fit, you can pretest with your own RN and grandmas Size if you want to, though. Evenflo Secure Kid is a nice Combo, slim and light and well padded with self-retracting LATCH, a big hit with the 3 yo crowd because of the cupholders, lol.
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Joolsplus2 View Post
    Love the size 4 me/my size/headwise, grab another one, it's terrific for a DH car. So versatile! (There's a similar one called the 'Contender' at walmart, maybe other places, it's almost as nice, but you'd want to use the LATCH for RF and the seatbelt for FF, it doesn't have two sets of LATCH like the Size's).

Hmmm... not sure about the Ody, you might put the RN FF in the third row and get another mysize or Radian for the baby in the plus one seat. Both should fit, you can pretest with your own RN and grandmas Size if you want to, though. Evenflo Secure Kid is a nice Combo, slim and light and well padded with self-retracting LATCH, a big hit with the 3 yo crowd because of the cupholders, lol.
    Thank you! This is great advice! I will try to score another deal on a size 4 me. Then I'll experiment to see what fits on that plus one seat.