Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

We are renting from applescooter.com
    DD1 Jan '10
    DD2 Jan '12

Think we nixed renting. Just not quite worth it to us as my husband shockingly agreed it would be nice to have a side by side for Disney and for use with with our current baby. We're just going to try to look for a deal and I can't be too picky about which exact model, I guess.

ebp913 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Annyeb View Post
    Think we nixed renting. Just not quite worth it to us as my husband shockingly agreed it would be nice to have a side by side for Disney and for use with with our current baby. We're just going to try to look for a deal and I can't be too picky about which exact model, I guess.
    I'd do the Snap Duo or GT double depending on what you can find a better deal on. Albee typically has the Snap Duo for 20% off when they have coupons going.
    Wild life with 3 under 3... Growing up too fast

I think the GT double will just weigh too much. So I'd be looking at the regular one, but that appears to weigh the same as the Zee Two and I just like the looks of the Zee Two better, but resale is not nearly as good. Besides Disney, I will need this stroller through the early part of next year almost for sure because this baby isn't going anywhere anytime soon. This would be our only double then once I sell the P&T Explorer.

Zee Two
    Positives: Most comfortable and better features for my current two under two. Love the purple color. Snack tray would be a huge plus especially at WDW. Also would work the best with a stroller board due to the adjustable handle. Like the adjustable footrests too. Individual canopies a plus for the baby and toddler. Biggest basket
    Negatives: Heaviest, most cumbersome at WDW with no automatic lock, purple color harder to resell, most expensive

Snap Duo
    Positives: Lightest, easier to carry if need be and use on the Disney buses, automatic lock, black in color but can buy a vogue canopy if I want, cheaper
    Negatives: Not as full featured for use as a regular double everywhere, no snack tray or adjustable footrests, no adjustable handlebar so a stroller board is harder, only one canopy

NEW Snap Duo
    Positives: Will have a dual canopy and adjustable footrests, lighter than the Zee Two, otherwise same positives as old Snap Duo
    Negatives: No color options, still won't work with a stroller board, no snack tray. Seeing a pic and confirmation of new features might help.

If the new Snap Duo had adjustable handlebar to work with a board and snack tray option, it might push me over the edge to wait, but the new features are not features I really cared about. Dual canopies are nice, but not a make it or break it kind of deal.

As for the BJCMD, it's just blah to me. If I find one cheap on Craigslist, maybe I'll go for it but probably not since they are in demand and I'm pretty picky when it comes to used strollers.

To recap, if we knew we'd be adopting the baby we are currently fostering, I'd get a Zee Two hands down. If it was mostly just going to be used for WDW, I'd get the current version Snap Duo. Since it's in between this right now, I'm confused.

Thanks to Amazon Prime's fabulous return policy, I just purchased and received both strollers to try out together. I will return both to get a better deal on the one I choose on another site. Since I pay for Amazon Prime, I don't feel too badly.

So my thoughts... It's weird but the Snap Duo feels like a bigger stroller, but feels more streamlined than the Zee Two. Zee Two is compact when open but bulky when folded where Snap Duo seems big when opened and compact when closed. Where I don't love the one hood, the two hoods seem make the Zee Two bulky and seem a bit flimsy. However, I am short and love how the handle adjusts in the ZT as the handle on the SD is too tall for me and with the hood down, I don't have full range of sight! That is the biggest negative of the SD for me. Basket is much deeper with no bar on the ZT so that's another plus there. The seats are interesting. They are quite deep on the ZT, but seem narrower compared to the SD. I prefer the back of the seats in the SD when reclined with the mesh where as the ZT is connected to the canopies and appears a little more "messy" if that makes Amy sense. I love the easy way the footrests adjust on the ZT as they don't on the SD and that is something they are changing on the new SD. If the new SD had an adjustable handlebar, I'd totally wait for that model (they say next month) but as far as I understand, it is duo canopies (which I'm not the biggest fan of only due to bulk) and the adjustable footrests are the only changes. It will also weigh a bit more and have a higher price tag, so that's not worth that to me, I think. I also had dh try them and he says go with the SD mostly due to the lower price and better to travel with. So looks like we'll go with that one. This will be our double used for walks too so hoping it's okay. Everything is paved or firm dirt trails though.

So hopefully this helps a little to someone deciding between the two. I got Wisteria color for the ZT and it is gorgeous! Sad to not be able to have that aspect, but I suppose black is better for resale anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2