Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Double for Disney?

So I thought I was done buying strollers (youngest is just about 2) but I knew we were planning to go to WDW soon and my next youngest is 5 with the next being 8 (but tiny at not quite 40lbs and has some special needs so seems younger). I was just going to go with our Snap 4 for the 2yo and deal, but now we are fostering another newborn so I have two under two and no lightweight double. I have an old Mountain Buggy Urban Double (a million pounds although we did take to Disneyland but had our car) and then a Phil&Ted's Explorer with doubles kit. To get a new double, I need to sell both of those. We generally don't do much past walks in the neighborhood so having an all terrain stroller (especially a double) isn't necessary. I want something to light to use for my almost 2yo and 3 month old but also to be used by the 5yo and possibly the 8yo (both around 40lbs) at WDW with the 2yo. If the baby is still with us, she will not be going to WDW with us. Follow all that?

So I like Valco, but Snap Duo or Zee Duo? Things I like and dislike about both. Any other suggestions? We will be in a resort where we will be taking a bus. :/ An infant carseat attachment would be a huge plus but not a deal breaker. Oh and prices for a GUC ten year old MBUD (listed it for $125 and just lowered to $100 includes rain and sun covers) and a 2011 GUC P&T Explorer with Graco carseat attachment and extra seat pad? Haven't listed that one yet.

Katigre is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

What about the combi twin stroller? Very lightweight.
    Mom of 4: Boy (10), Girl (7), Boy (4), Girl (2)

I'm going to suggest a BJCMD GT. The reason is that it's light, and sounds like you won't be using it a ton and Baby Jogger resale is pretty decent (at least where I live). Do Valcos sell okay in your local CL? If so, I'd also suggest a Snap Duo.

Resale is definitely something to think about. I do live in a fairly large metro area but on the not as familiar stroller brands ut is harder to sell. Got a possible buyer on the MBUD though. Everything is structurally sound. Just some wear and tear so selling for $100 being it's a 2003 model. The thing about the stroller I want to purchase is I could end up using it 6 months or for years to come if we end up adopting our current newbie which is definitely possible. Had a Combi once. Not a big fan. Will check into the BJCMD GT though.

Any advice on what to sell a 2011 P&T Explorer for? Definitely not like new and used quite a bit, but nothing majorly wrong with it. Just some paint chips, small marks, etc.

After sleeping on it, now I'm just wondering if I shouldn't keep my P&T for my toddler and foster baby and just buy a riding board for our Snap 4. Any recommendations for that? Does Valco's work well with the Snap 4?

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

For Disney, I would rent there. there are lots of places that rent. I love my valco snap duo though.

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Mom View Post
    For Disney, I would rent there. there are lots of places that rent.
    If you don't need it in the airport, I would just rent there too. You can get the stroller delivered to your resort and then you just leave it for pick up at the end of your stay. My kids were 2 and 4 when we went last time and I was very glad we rented the double and both had a comfortable seat to rest, snack, etc. We rented a city mini double and also were at a resort where we had to ride the buses and it was manageable.

That's a thought. I would still bring my single with though for use at the airport though and we are also going to the ocean, so will want a stroller for that for the toddler.

How much is renting one?

I agree with the others, I would rent one for the time at Disney. I can't find the name right now of who we used, but I had just searched this board and found a recommendation. We are paying <$60 for 6 nights for a BJCMD. When I find the name and come post that as well.
    DD1 Jan '10
    DD2 Jan '12

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast