I recently (beginning of June)purchased to most basic of the Speed Queen washers - so no extra rinse or extra cycles (not a big deal IMO). Our old washer was only 9 years old (Fisher & Paykel top loader that I truly loved) and I wanted a washer that would last, leading me to the Speed Queen recommendations here & @ GardenWeb. I had a long conversation with a local appliance dealer which convinced me I was making the correct choice. My husband & I are woodworkers so we get our clothes dirty - lots of fine dust left in them & I am convinced that the traditional top loading washer is the only way they will get truly clean. I couldn't be happier with my decision - its also helps that the store I bought it from is so local, it's a block away! I had had trouble finding service for the Fisher & Paykel (did a few repairs on it using web resources & you tube!), so the thought that I could find a service person so easily should I need it was a great incentive. Plus the super warranty. Plus the supposed longevity - I plan on it being the last washer I purchase - catastrophe notwithstanding.