Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

My 6 year old asked to have her party at a small local children's museum. I thought it might be a little young for her -she had had her 3rd birthday at the same place. But it was a complete non issue. The kids all had a blast.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

bigsis is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I think a pool party would be perfect. At the age of 6, I would not think parents drop off yet. But if you're really worried, I would put on the invitation something like, "Parents are encouraged/welcome to party"
    Lea

Mom to:
    DD 8/2003
    DS 11/2005

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I would go with a pool party and ask parents to stay (on the invite) if their kid is not a swimmer. Alternatively I would hire a teen "lifeguard" whose sole job is to watch the pool and raise the alarm if someone gets into trouble.

In general our home parties turn into glorified playdates, which the kids seem to like! So I'd say that as long as you have some way for the kids to stay cool whatever you do will probably be fine.
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

How about a Panera cooking party?
    https://www.panerabread.com/en-us/co...-training.html

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Thanks for all the great ideas!! Gymnastics sounds really fun to me, but isn't quite up DD's alley. The Panera baking party would be a fun idea too, but its not offered here yet (I will have to remember that one to check for next year bc maybe they will be offering it by then).

I found a local wild animal reserve that looks like a good option - they do some animal feeding, hear about/see a bunch of animals, plus have a bounce house area there. Thanks to PPs that mentioned farms/petting zoos/etc. bc I hadn't thought about this option before that at all!

Other option is still a pool party and I think I would word it to have a parent stay and/or hire a lifeguard. Only hesitation is policing the pool as we have had several kids at playdates try some crazy things off the diving board that I have had to put a stop too, although I guess a lifeguard could help out with that too if I hired the right person. How many kids would you feel comfortable having in the pool at once? We have an average size backyard pool.

I'll let you know what we go with! And probably be asking for favor advice too! Thanks!

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I'd be okay with up to 10 kids, including my own.
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

A few other things I've thought of but haven't personally tried yet, as my kids are totally fine just doing home parties for now! I know our Michael's and AC Moore do birthday parties where they do crafts with the kids and you just bring the cake/snacks to serve. We have several Sweet Frogs which do kid parties. Its a build your own frozen yogurt place, but I'm pretty sure they are a newer chain and in other places too. And we have a local bakery that does cupcake parties - the kids get to decorate their own gourmet cupcake.

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I think a pool party sounds great. Other ideas: Gymnastics, is there a movie that is coming out?
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

KDsMommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I've heard great things about California Pizza Kitchen birthday parties. The kids get to make their own pizzas, and it's rather inexpensive at around $10 per kid. http://info.cpk.com/documents/cpkids...gram_flyer.pdf
    Christie
    DS '07
    DSS '09
    DSS '12
    DD1 9/21/14

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2